Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Where is bowtech??

Old 10-18-2010, 04:08 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by millersaurus
either way ill still refuse to follow- bowtech
Just curious millers. How many bowtechs have you owned? How many years?

Old 10-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Spike

ive only owned 2.. 07 tomkat and my 09 admiral.. before that i shot a darton nomad. i got my tomkat for my 16th bday in 07. at first i really didnt know much about them to be honest, but when i bought my admiral i had really researched it. i liked it better than anything hoyt or mathews had at the time..
Old 10-18-2010, 08:20 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by millersaurus
ive only owned 2.. 07 tomkat and my 09 admiral.. before that i shot a darton nomad. i got my tomkat for my 16th bday in 07. at first i really didnt know much about them to be honest, but when i bought my admiral i had really researched it. i liked it better than anything hoyt or mathews had at the time..
Thats cool. I had two good ones out of the 6 or so. My bowtech liberty was top notch, but snapped a limb 2 years later. Killed about a dozen deer with it. My commander was a good bow too. I sold it and regretted. Rest were real turds. I still know the guy who has the commander 07. I sold the bow and arrows for 450 and he still wants 450 for it. Tried to explain about losing value.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:53 AM
Spike

lol yeaa he might be holdin onto that one for a while ha... bowtech was the first "top of the line" bow that i ever owned, and neither of them have been shot enough to blow up on me yet. i just had new custom strings put on my admiral, and i love that bow. my only complaint with it is where i have it set on 72 lbs, its got a pretty rough draw. still comes back smooth, but a friend of mine has a mathews set at the same weight and it felt like i was pullin 30 lbs compared to mine. guess thats what a single cam will do for ya
Old 10-19-2010, 07:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE:

I wonder if some folks just have bad luck.

I shoot a 08 General now and I've never had a minute of trouble. I even shot a year before I had the recall work done on it and still had no issues.

I also own a 2003 Extreme VFT and my son has a 2002 Extreme Solo and we never had any trouble with either.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:07 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by formula1
I wonder if some folks just have bad luck.

I shoot a 08 General now and I've never had a minute of trouble. I even shot a year before I had the recall work done on it and still had no issues.

I also own a 2003 Extreme VFT and my son has a 2002 Extreme Solo and we never had any trouble with either.
i would agree with this... ive never had trouble with mine at all.. but id say for the people that have bad luck it would definitely change your view of bowtech or whatever bow it was.
i say this and now my bow will probably blow apart on the next shot lol