Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Magnus Buzz Cut Broadheads -- Anyone tried them? >

Magnus Buzz Cut Broadheads -- Anyone tried them?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Magnus Buzz Cut Broadheads -- Anyone tried them?

Old 10-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bowhuntre
puts food on the table.
True, but so does a doe.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bigbulls, while it's true that more torn tissue will signal for more coagulation factors to be released it's also true that a large and jagged wound will have more trouble closing
I wasn't aware that they made Magnus buzzcuts that much larger than they do the regular stingers. Oh, wait a minute.... they don't.

We aren't talking about a wound made with a two blade broadhead vs. one made with a chain saw.

When comparing wounds of equal size, which is what we are talking about here, the one that is made with a smooth sharp edge will bleed faster and longer than a wound made with a serrated edge. The wound made with the serrated edge will clot faster than the one made with the smooth edge. Period, there is nothing to argue about here.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

Not everyone has alot of deer to shoot. I'd smoke that six pointer too. Shoot what makes you happy and don't worry about what others shoot. I'm out there to shoot a deer, sure bigger is better but some of us take what we can get.....
Old 10-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigbulls
When comparing wounds of equal size, which is what we are talking about here, the one that is made with a smooth sharp edge will bleed faster and longer than a wound made with a serrated edge. The wound made with the serrated edge will clot faster than the one made with the smooth edge. Period, there is nothing to argue about here.
But the wounds aren't exactly of equal size. In terms of length, they are the same because the wound can't be longer than the edges of the broadhead. In terms of width, the jagged texture should leave a wider cutting area because flesh is being torn from a larger area, which makes the wound more difficult close. Either way, like I said, either the stinger or the buzz cut should be more than enough to reliably put down a deer, so I will probably keep asking around to see what others are saying.

Originally Posted by HoytMT2332
Not everyone has alot of deer to shoot. I'd smoke that six pointer too. Shoot what makes you happy and don't worry about what others shoot. I'm out there to shoot a deer, sure bigger is better but some of us take what we can get.....
I guess that's true. I guess I just thought it was a bit early in the season to settle on a small buck, but hey, I understand not having enough time/land resources/animals to hunt--To each their own.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Fork Horn

Like you said, if i shoot a doe opening day, i'm waiting for big daddy to show up. I just don't see the deer like i used to. 3 years ago i wouldn't consider shooting a junk buck opening day, but hunting land with more hunters than deer, i must take what i can get. I need a new spot. These days i can't even count on a shot at a doe. Maybe this year will be better.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by HoytMT2332
Like you said, if i shoot a doe opening day, i'm waiting for big daddy to show up. I just don't see the deer like i used to. 3 years ago i wouldn't consider shooting a junk buck opening day, but hunting land with more hunters than deer, i must take what i can get. I need a new spot. These days i can't even count on a shot at a doe. Maybe this year will be better.
Sorry to hear that the populations are so thin up in NY. You should come out to Kansas. Last July I had a nice 8 pointer in velvet run in front of my car right in the middle of the suburbs. The KDWP started an early hunt around Kansas City and Lawrence just to take care of the extra numbers!
Old 10-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

LUCKY. lol. I don't think the deer herd is too thin in NY. I just think there is way to many people hunting the 50 acres i hunt. There are lots of deer in town where i live, very tempting, but also illegal. I have about 3 acres of woods behind my house, and i wish everyday i was allowed to hunt it. Lots of deer. I see them everyday. I hope to move to the midwest someday.