Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rage didn't open up

Old 09-28-2010, 08:22 AM
Spike

Well I guess I should have never posted this problem, tried to simply state a issue and it gets twisted. Perfect shot placement, dropped within 20 yards and quick kill. Everyone can hunt how they like, I will keep on taking angled shots. If it was bad shot placement and the BH didn't open up, didn't hit the spine the deer would have went quite aways. If a archer can't make a angled shot at 15 yards they need to practice. I don't worry about the anti's and huggers, could have been a bad head. At $40 a pop u bet I will atleast try one more atleast to see if it happens again, this time I will try more of a broadside hit to see. Everyone hunt and shoot the way you like, everyone has a opinion.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bayou
Well I guess I should have never posted this problem, tried to simply state a issue and it gets twisted. Perfect shot placement, dropped within 20 yards and quick kill. Everyone can hunt how they like, I will keep on taking angled shots. If it was bad shot placement and the BH didn't open up, didn't hit the spine the deer would have went quite aways. If a archer can't make a angled shot at 15 yards they need to practice. I don't worry about the anti's and huggers, could have been a bad head. At $40 a pop u bet I will atleast try one more atleast to see if it happens again, this time I will try more of a broadside hit to see. Everyone hunt and shoot the way you like, everyone has a opinion.
na man, dont be like that...you did right...i would go with another angled shot, see if it does it again...you could be on to something here..ya got 2 more, make em both angled, see if the other 2 fail..you obviously are a good shot, so it wont matter if it opens anyways, obviously ...gl...video?
Old 09-28-2010, 10:20 AM
Spike

I was looking at the slick tricks yesterday and there were 2 different 100 grn BH, which ones does everyone like? Also do they truly fly like field points?
Old 09-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was looking at the slick tricks yesterday and there were 2 different 100 grn BH, which ones does everyone like? Also do they truly fly like field points?
if i were you, i'd just steer away from retractable's ..get some fixed bh's..dont have ta worry bout it not functioning properly..still think ya should do a couple more angle shots though
Old 09-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think there is any "magic" broadhead. Plenty of fixed blades have had pretty good shot placement and deer were never found. I've had a spit fire not open(still got deer). I used the Vortex 2 blade mechanicals for years, they open up to 2.5"s and create a massive hole. I tried the rage 2 blades last year and had zero issue's with them.

Just curious, how fast is your bow? Not saying it matters but I have talked to guys with lesser speed bows and they seem to have the worst luck with mechanicals.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Duckbutter48
I don't think there is any "magic" broadhead. Plenty of fixed blades have had pretty good shot placement and deer were never found. I've had a spit fire not open(still got deer). I used the Vortex 2 blade mechanicals for years, they open up to 2.5"s and create a massive hole. I tried the rage 2 blades last year and had zero issue's with them.

Just curious, how fast is your bow? Not saying it matters but I have talked to guys with lesser speed bows and they seem to have the worst luck with mechanicals.
well, whats a "lesser" speed?
Old 09-28-2010, 01:28 PM
Spike

Earlier this year I was getting a new peep site put on and shot it through the chrono, almost fell over. Chrono said 221, I thought it was shooting around 250. About a 7 year old parker e-z draw, love the bow and killed a ton of deer with it. Just was suprised at the speed or lack of. I used the spitfires for years and quit last year, thought I would try something new.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Earlier this year I was getting a new peep site put on and shot it through the chrono, almost fell over. Chrono said 221, I thought it was shooting around 250. About a 7 year old parker e-z draw, love the bow and killed a ton of deer with it. Just was suprised at the speed or lack of. I used the spitfires for years and quit last year, thought I would try something new.
the spit fires made me break my vow to never hunt with a mech again.... and there i was cussin all the way home how i shoulda never went back to mech.... and how i'd never would use a mech again..i have 2 good ones left..figure i'll use em on a wabbit or squirrel
Old 09-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

If your only gettin 221 out of your bow i would definitely shoot fixed blade bh. And since you like the slick tricks go with them. they are good bh
Old 09-28-2010, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Duckbutter48

and by the way, i love those bh!!! and yes they creat massive wound channels and exit holes!!!! wont be switching from these any time soon!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.