Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

rage

Old 09-29-2010, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by m9a9g9i9c
I am neither, I just noticed that most people in the favorite Bhead thread mentioned fixed more than mechanicals...
So....
thats because a lot of hunters dont place a good shot, they will shoot a deer in back,angled etc.some even shoot deer up the backend.
dont laugh,more than you think.
a lot of hunters have lost respect for the deer.they will shoot a deer between eyes if that is only shot.
using expanding points they will not open if shot placement is not ethical.
i have friends that road hunt.
hundreds of them.
they jump out and the deer is looking at them,they pull up and shoot with expanding point.

then they wound the deer and wound a lot of bucks this way.
i sit in my stand, i let buck turn BROADSIDE,then i shoot my expanding point, NEVER LOST BUCK.
last year i let go a huge 8 point at around 33 yds because i could not get broadside shot.he stood there for 5 minutes. i had shot from the top of shoulder and neck.

MOST WOULD HAVE SHOT AT THIS BUCK.not sproul. i believe in kill not wounding any deer.
people who dont think this way will shoot angled shots or any shots.
is this normal, YOU BET IT IS.out of say 10 hunters i know in my area, myself and 1 more are ETHICAL HUNTERS.we are dieing breed,fossil waiting to go.

now its BROWN ITS DOWN hunters and with it comes expanding points not opening.this is why some are going back to fixed points.these are hunters mostly that dont wait for broadside shot,some just feel more comfortable with fixed but i feel its ANGLED SHOT HUNTER that uses them.
i shot spitfire into 50 targets ,we tested the spitfires on fake deer too,not 1 time did they not open, not 1 time.
these were all broadside shots.
then i took ANGLED SHOTS,out of 9 shots 5 glanced off the fake buck and did not open.
LISTEN TO WHAT I AM SAYING,did not open.throw in a live deer withFUR/RIBS/BONES and that could be even worst .

IF I WAS ANGLED HUNTER i would never use a expanding point ,NEVER.

SPROUL HAS SPOKEN!
Old 10-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Spike

I just started shooting the 2 blade Rage this year and so far I'm extremely impressed. The holes are huge and the blood trails are insane! The first deer I shot only went 30 yards so trailing wasn't even an issue. I have heard negative reports about the 3 blades not opening, but I haven't heard of a 2 blade not opening. I really don't see how it could not open unless you were reusing a head with bent blades or something.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is from the last doe I shot last week.

Below is a picture from a Buck I shot last year.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

I am a new bow hunter but have hunted for all my life. This weekend I shot 2 does with rage two blades equipped with lumenoks. 1st doe comes in, with a good broadside shot I draw. I'm over 6 foot with a long draw length in a tiny blind. Lots of noise. Her head whips up, arrows going down range, she turns tail and hauls butt. It went in one shoulder and exited by her hip. Perfect penetration. Opened perfect. THE PICTURE IS BELOW. How bout them RAGES.

2nd doe comes in. Good broadside, lots of noise, arrow down range. She's slower. It goes in back of rib cage exits front of rib cage. Cut both main arteries and both lungs. As she runs away blood pours from both sides like Niagara Falls. Doesn't go 20 yards.
Attached Thumbnails rage-rage.jpg  
Old 10-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Spike

Talking

Simply put not the most impressive mechanical bhead, havent had the greatest luck, just my opinion hope it helps!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 04:36 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
thats because a lot of hunters dont place a good shot, they will shoot a deer in back,angled etc.some even shoot deer up the backend.
dont laugh,more than you think.
a lot of hunters have lost respect for the deer.they will shoot a deer between eyes if that is only shot.
using expanding points they will not open if shot placement is not ethical.
i have friends that road hunt.
hundreds of them.
they jump out and the deer is looking at them,they pull up and shoot with expanding point.

then they wound the deer and wound a lot of bucks this way.
i sit in my stand, i let buck turn BROADSIDE,then i shoot my expanding point, NEVER LOST BUCK.
last year i let go a huge 8 point at around 33 yds because i could not get broadside shot.he stood there for 5 minutes. i had shot from the top of shoulder and neck.

MOST WOULD HAVE SHOT AT THIS BUCK.not sproul. i believe in kill not wounding any deer.
people who dont think this way will shoot angled shots or any shots.
is this normal, YOU BET IT IS.out of say 10 hunters i know in my area, myself and 1 more are ETHICAL HUNTERS.we are dieing breed,fossil waiting to go.

now its BROWN ITS DOWN hunters and with it comes expanding points not opening.this is why some are going back to fixed points.these are hunters mostly that dont wait for broadside shot,some just feel more comfortable with fixed but i feel its ANGLED SHOT HUNTER that uses them.
i shot spitfire into 50 targets ,we tested the spitfires on fake deer too,not 1 time did they not open, not 1 time.
these were all broadside shots.
then i took ANGLED SHOTS,out of 9 shots 5 glanced off the fake buck and did not open.
LISTEN TO WHAT I AM SAYING,did not open.throw in a live deer withFUR/RIBS/BONES and that could be even worst .

IF I WAS ANGLED HUNTER i would never use a expanding point ,NEVER.

SPROUL HAS SPOKEN!
When it's all said and done, you can think what you wanna think about the Rage, fixed vs. mechanical or any broad head...but SPROUL really has hit the nail on the head here.

For what it's worth, as of this year, I am now a Rage shooter and haven't had an opportunity to take a deer with one yet. I will share the results when I do!
Old 10-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by lovethebigguns
When it's all said and done, you can think what you wanna think about the Rage, fixed vs. mechanical or any broad head...but SPROUL really has hit the nail on the head here.

For what it's worth, as of this year, I am now a Rage shooter and haven't had an opportunity to take a deer with one yet. I will share the results when I do!
thanks for good words.
back when we only had like fred bear points,they were shaped like a zewicky hunting point.they had razor you put in middle.

believe this,I SAW THEM GLANCE OFF MANY A BUCKS SHOULDERS AND FLY DOWN INTO WOODS.this was ANGLED SHOTS.

now today we have the mechanicals.just think how they will glance off a front shoulder if a point like i mentioned would glance off.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Spike

I've also had great luck with Rage 2 blades. Consistent and effective with good shot placement. I hit an 8 pointer 2 years ago, good shot placement but hit the opposite shoulder and didn't pass thru...deer dropped 20 yards from the shot. The pic's above from LKNChoppers tell it all, if you can get a 2-3 inch hole with any broadhead in the lungs odds are good for recovery.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WindLakeHunter
I've also had great luck with Rage 2 blades. Consistent and effective with good shot placement. I hit an 8 pointer 2 years ago, good shot placement but hit the opposite shoulder and didn't pass thru...deer dropped 20 yards from the shot. The pic's above from LKNChoppers tell it all, if you can get a 2-3 inch hole with any broadhead in the lungs odds are good for recovery.
My 2 cents on Rage and mechanicals in general is that if you have a fast bow with 400g + arrows you will be fine.

If you are shooting less the 250fps you should prob stick with your favorite fixed blade.

Bottom line is no matter which you use shot placement is the real key.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:41 PM
Spike

The problem I have had with the four deer I have killed with a 2 blade Rage this year is this huge bloody spot right in the middle of my hunting area where that rage cut that massive swath in them. Four deer shot, 2 DRT and the other two went about fifty yards with great blood trail. All blades opened and none broke on any of the shots. I shoot a Z7 30" 70# with CE Maxima 350 at about 310 fps. I am gueessing arrow weighs around 380ish grains.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.