Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

rage

Old 09-24-2010, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default rage

Does anybody ever had any issues with the rage broadheads ?
I don't see a lot of people voting for them in the favorite Bhead thread......

F
Old 09-24-2010, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

Come on...you are joking right? Can't wait to see where this is going to go........
Old 09-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

Yea,
First let me say,I HAVE NEVER USED THEM,but they look like a very well made broadhead!
I have thought about trying some,but haven't made up my mind yet!
But to the problem I have with them,Its there marketing that I have a problem with,they pay big name hunters to use and endorse them,and then tell you to EXPAND you kill zone,there like throwing an ax through a animal,ect.
Well they may cut an impressive hole,leave good blood trails,ect. but so will many other good broadheads on the market.
But,I feel there ads are missleading, and have even heard a few newbee's to bowhunting think that, the RAGE will make up for there lacking in accuracy and skill.
And I don't think there is ANY product that will ever replace,dedication and practice,practice and more practice!
That is why not everyone bowhunts they don't want or have the time to dedicate to it.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by *twodogs*
Come on...you are joking right? Can't wait to see where this is going to go........

it's not going anywhere, I just have my own opinion and want to compare it with others.

So what's the fuss about mechanicals, I think like many others that shotplacement is the keyfactor.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:33 AM
Spike

Had a 3 blade that didn't open last evening, wasn't impressed.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used them and have blown huge holes through deer. My Lady uses the Rage 40KE with good success as well. I personally get a better blood trail with Rage 2 Blade than anything else I have tried over the past 32 years. Losing deer or not getting a pass thru is usually not the broadheads fault it's shot placement.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Spike

Well I think the 2-blade would be better than the 3-blade I'm using now. I understand the importance of shot placement and I've had one not open up and it wasn't because of poor placement.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Spike

Default Rage

I have shot 4 deer and 6 turkeys with the Rage 2 blade head and have never had a failure. These are quality heads that perform as advertised. Huge entry holes and huge blood trails. If they don't work for you, shoot something else. My 2 cents and I am thankful to have a place to discuss such matters.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by *twodogs*
hahaha...well there is only 2 ways it can go.
way #1. your the biggest fan of rage and think they are the best broadheads on the market.... or
way #2 you freakin hate rage and think they are the biggest pieces of sh** on the market
thats how it has ended up on all the 1billion rage threads posted on this site
Old 09-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BIGBUCK17
hahaha...well there is only 2 ways it can go.
way #1. your the biggest fan of rage and think they are the best broadheads on the market.... or
way #2 you freakin hate rage and think they are the biggest pieces of sh** on the market
thats how it has ended up on all the 1billion rage threads posted on this site
I am neither, I just noticed that most people in the favorite Bhead thread mentioned fixed more than mechanicals...
So....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.