Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Rinehart Bowhunter Buck Review >

Rinehart Bowhunter Buck Review

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rinehart Bowhunter Buck Review

Old 09-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Rinehart Bowhunter Buck Review

Received my bowhunter buck from Bass Pro Shops Thursday night. I called the store, they don't stock it but did ship it to the store so I could avoid the shipping cost since the store is 15 minutes from the house.

Set it up over the weekend, was really easy to do. They provide the rebar to jam into the ground and the buck slides over the rebar. Target is very sturdy, although a little small but I was more concerned about stopping arrows than shooting at a large target.

This target does not have the painted (red/white) vitals area which I don't care for, so this vitals insert works great for me. The vitals area is replaceable and when arrows are removed, the holes seal right back up, it's hard to tell where you hit this target after removing the arrow. Shot it from 10-20-25-30-40 yards. The farthest any arrow went into the target was 8 inches (except the spine). Pulling field tips is a chore, either lube the arrow or use a puller - I used the puller with one hand on the target and one pulling the arrow.

Broadheads are easily removed with one hand. No splintering from broadheads or material from the target left on the broadhead.

I purposely shot it outside the vitals area (hind quarter and front shoulder) and there was no damage to any of my arrows and penetration was no more than 10 inches. The arrows were a little harder to pull out, that's about it. Shot it broadside, quartering away and quartering to and each time the target did its job. The vitals area is stamped with outlines of the lungs and heart so it's easy to determine the path the arrow would take on a pass through.

Got in my stand and drilled it through the spine several times and the arrows were stopped 9 inches into the target. The target has stamped vertebrae as well.

In summary, have about 200 arrows through it, 2/3 broadheads, 1/3 field tips and the target still looks new. I would highly recommended it for a 3D target under $200.00.
Attached Thumbnails Rinehart Bowhunter Buck Review-bowbuck.jpg  

Last edited by *twodogs*; 09-25-2010 at 12:42 PM.