Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Hooyman Tree Saw - Good, Bad, Ugly? >

Hooyman Tree Saw - Good, Bad, Ugly?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hooyman Tree Saw - Good, Bad, Ugly?

Old 08-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Spike

Default Hooyman Tree Saw - Good, Bad, Ugly?

I am thinking about purchasing a Hooyman tree saw, but do not know anything about them. I tried to find the product at a few Sporting good shops, with no avail. Has anyone used this product and would they recommend it for archery hunting?

Is it sturdy when extended to max length?

Lightweight?

Durable if dropped from stand (25')?

Any insight that you can provide is much appreciated in advance.

Happy Hunting!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

i bought one.. not too bad, but if you are extending the saw out and reaching to cut something large, the saw itself keeps popping off of the brackets that hold it on...
fell to the ground twice...
Old 08-31-2010, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

Purcahsed one several month ago and love it. Its compact and easy to carry which I love. I can reach tree branches about 16' up since Im 6 feet tall. Ive used it for small branches under 2" in diameter. Anything larger would be tough higher up. My saw blade has never popped off and have used it quite a lot.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Spike

Your input is greatly appreciated. Typically the branches in my way are smaller than 2" diameter, so it seems that this will be a solution to my shooting lane issues. Thanks again for your response.

Cheers n Deers!