Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

BS or the Truth?

Old 08-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default BS or the Truth?

ok looking for a new bow... Z7, Attack, or Destroyer. i call bowtech dealerships and most have stopped selling them because of customer service problems. the other BT dealer says they are amazing to work with! i shot the Z7 and fell in love with it (even though mathews have never impressed me) but then my favorite bow shop guy says that they suck/impossible to tune because of the reverse assist.. and everyone across the board says fred bear isnt a quality product. but how can a company like that stay in business without a quality product?! can someone point me in the right direction?!
Old 08-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would say try as many as you can and get the one that feels the best in your hands. Don't overlook Martin either. No where near the cost of a Mathews and they have a great bow line. And their CS is very good too. Another is PSE. I haven't shot one but there are a lot of guys out there that us them.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

Shoot a pse bowmadness and a quest primal both are really nice bows.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah... well if you have the money id look at the hoyt line. Best bows ever made IMHO
Old 08-08-2010, 03:16 AM
Fork Horn

Hoyt without a doubt. I just bought a Maxxis 31 and kept my Alpha Max from last year. I was a die hard Mathews owner previous, but Hoyt won me over.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

i shot the new hoyts and wasn't impressed with any of the them. there was no valley when i got to full draw. PSE i haven't liked their new line either because the vibrate so darn much and kind of noisy depending whats hung on it. and martin you got me there haven't shot one other than the bengal. but i am looking for a bow that can IBO 330 with a 7" brace height.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Spike

Bear Attack! Shoot one & you will see!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:27 AM
Spike

shoot all of them...that is what i did a couple months ago and decided on the bear Attack, my second choice is the Hoyt maxiss 31. I did not like the z7 (ugly and top heavy). the destroyer drew like crap ...i liked the pse's but not the dealer..

go with what you like, everyone is different
Old 08-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mikieday
shoot all of them...that is what i did a couple months ago and decided on the bear Attack, my second choice is the Hoyt maxiss 31. I did not like the z7 (ugly and top heavy). the destroyer drew like crap ...i liked the pse's but not the dealer..

go with what you like, everyone is different
Haha funny, my dads name is Mike Day. Anyway sound advice here. If you like the z7 then go for it. There not hard to tune if you know what your doing. Most people have problems because they torque the grip. Any whoever said bear is not a quality product is full of it. There just as good as anything else out there, it just depends on what feels good in your hand. Good luck in your search!
Old 08-14-2010, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

i guess i didn't write this the way i wanted to... i have shot all bows i can get my hands on and those are my top 3 i like. i was looking for input on the technical aspect (tuning, quality). thanks for your input it is greatly appreciated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.