Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What Backpack?

Old 12-15-2010, 04:17 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by itsslow98
my brother bought me a field and stream bag and its awesome.
I have a Field & Stream bag I got from Dick's Sporting Goods last year for $30 or $40 and I really like it. I has two side pockets for carrying water bottles, it is made to carry a water bladder like a CamelBak but the bladder did not come with the bag, and has several useful compartments.

But as much as I like this bag, I want something bigger. I have my eye on the Rush 24 pack by 5.11 tactical. It doesn't come in camo but you can get it in tan, black or OD. It is large enough for me and has the MOLLE system to attach other pouches. It is $100 plus I will be getting some pouches so I will probably have over $150 in it.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

im something of a gear nut and ive gone thru a lot of packs....right now im really liking the maxpedition gearslinger series. Its a military type pack which is nice because of all the molle gadgets out there you can attach to it. My biggest gripes about most packs was always accessability. The gearslingers are made to swing around to your front without taking it off to get to your gear (gps, waterbottle, etc). I hunt several different animals and different seasons, so i load up my pack with the stuff i need to just be in the woods, and then i have attachable molle pouches with hunting specific stuff, like i have a small game pouch, a deer pouch, turkey pouch......grab the pack and the pouch, attach em and out the door you go.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

I have a pack from gander that my wife got me,and it works great. Its has a long sleve on one side that I mounted my quiver in,and has several pokets inside to store gear!
IMO if you shop around you can find an inexpensive pack that will do what you need and you can spend the money you save on other things!
Old 03-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Spike

I use a cheap Remington Canyon pack from walmart. No sense in spending a bunch of money on something that dont even kill animals.....
Old 03-27-2011, 01:34 AM
Typical Buck

I like my Rocky Mountain coyota pack, it is a fanny style pack with 1000 cu. inch. of space, 3 outside pockets and small belts on each side of the waist band for add stuff. It is water proof and cost under $ 90.00. You can check out there line of pack at www.rockymountainpacks.com. Good Hunting.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:47 AM
Spike

Take a look at Horn Hunter.
Honestly one of teh best I have seen
I am a pack fanatic.
They make some well made and well thought out packs.
Made in the US.
The quality is great and they are truely designed for the hunter.https://sophuntinggear.com/Products/...8/Default.aspx
Email me I can offer you a discount through their site
[email protected]