HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Lighted Nocks (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/328114-lighted-nocks.html)

kateraxl2381 08-21-2010 09:44 AM

Lighted Nocks

What brand does everyone use and how do ya likem? Batteries last?effect arrow flight?etc..

itsslow98 08-22-2010 10:31 PM

Lumenoks are what I prefer, i have used the Tracers but didnt care for the magnet having to be on the bow o activate, I had a few during practice that didnt turn on. The Lumenoks havent failed me yet. I am waiting for ones to get here for my crossbow to try them out.

kateraxl2381 08-23-2010 07:18 AM

Alright Thanks for the Input!!

camelcluch 10-05-2010 09:06 AM

Firenock all the way. Much better made and has lit up every time.

Snood Slapper 10-05-2010 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by camelcluch (Post 3695888)

Agreed. Firenock. Best tech out there when it comes to light up nocks.

MNDan 10-05-2010 01:51 PM

Search for Nockturnal's. Most guys who have used Firenock's & Luminocks prefer them, and they are priced a bit better as well.

BIGBUCK17 10-06-2010 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by camelcluch (Post 3695888)

Originally Posted by Snood Slapper (Post 3695914)
Agreed. Firenock. Best tech out there when it comes to light up nocks.

Im gonna have to agree to. i bout 2 packs to mess with them and i love them they work very great and have never failed 1 time. they also come with matched weight practice nocks. They also have not caused any difference in my arrow flight.

Krypt Keeper 10-12-2010 10:58 AM

make my own, costs about $4 and takes about 5 minutes to do not including drying time.

I bought a pack earlier this yr to try out. 1 out of the 3 pack worked, and that 1 only worked a handful of times. Returned for my $25 and read about making them and did that.

OkieOFT 10-14-2010 09:10 PM

Well whatever you do don't buy the two-pack at Walmart, first one I shot disentegrated when I fired, was just enough left to pull it out of the arrow. Second one shot fine but went out about halfway to the target. When I went to get the arrow there was nothing there.

Nolehoe 10-21-2010 07:40 PM

Only ones I've tried are Firenocks and I've been very pleased with them.

SaintHubert 10-22-2010 03:28 AM

I've purchased 5 lumenocks in the last 5 years and I had one that didn't properly. This year I'm try the new Nocturnal Nock. So far is practice and the one deer I have shot, I am very pleased with them.

MNDan 10-22-2010 08:09 AM

I've shot my Nock Turnal nock a few times now and really like it. It's very bright and hasn't failed to come on yet. The only thing I don't like about both it and all other standard nocks is how long the ears are, since I have a very small loop on my string and usually shoot short QAD Tune-a-nocks. For $8 they are awesome!

camelcluch 11-01-2010 10:11 AM

I used a G5 on a small buck not too long ago. The nock no longer works beacuse of the amount of blood that got in it. I enjoyed the nock until then but $20 for one deer is expensive. I should have used the Firenock...

SecondChance 11-06-2010 08:40 PM

If I remember correctly, FireNocks and Lumanocks are both made by the same place in Henry Il. The Burt Coyote Co. I may be wrong, but look it up. I use the Lumanocks and love them. Have several videos with them, including my Gold Series Catalina Ram taken in Jan. of 2008. It scored 1-3/8ths short of the then World Record!!!!! Red nock on white/tan hair, awesome!!!!!!!!

sixgunluvr 11-06-2010 08:42 PM

Nockturnal

Nockturnal all the way. I put the same nockturnal through a 7pt, 8pt, and a doe and it stills works great.

wvnimrod 11-10-2010 02:53 PM

I will be switching to the nock-turnals,I have shot the luminoks and they work well and are very brite,but they have to maintain contact with the arrow to remain lit and with the way you have to wiggle them back to turn them off, they become loose pop out and are gone because they turn off as soon as they loose contact with the shaft!
The nock-turnals remain lit until you turn them off!

camelcluch 11-23-2010 10:37 AM

/\/\/\ And the 2 are totally different. Lumenocks wont come close in durablity and dependablity. Good shooting.

wvnimrod 11-23-2010 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Firenock (Post 3720896)
Firenock are made by Firenock LLC. It is a high tech device with fuzzy logic micro chip, Motion sensor, digital time delay, precision 3 degree acceleration switch, titanium wire, gold connectors, field replaceable battery, field replaceable nock, and located in Henry IL

Lumenok are made by Burt Coyote which use some wire, a LED which make contact with shaft and lights; is located in Yates City, IL

But DO they still need to stay in contact with the shaft to remain lit?
I've lost several luminoks because of this, and when the last one I have is gone I'll be switching to the nokturnal.

bigcountry 11-30-2010 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Firenock (Post 3720896)
Firenock are made by Firenock LLC. It is a high tech device with fuzzy logic micro chip, Motion sensor, digital time delay, precision 3 degree acceleration switch, titanium wire, gold connectors, field replaceable battery, field replaceable nock, and located in Henry IL

Lumenok are made by Burt Coyote which use some wire, a LED which make contact with shaft and lights; is located in Yates City, IL

Price firenocks charge they should be charged with burglery.

I work in high tech electronics and optics, and shocked that they would demand a price like that.

wackum 01-22-2011 04:44 PM

Archers Flame

Tried many brands and nothing beats the results of archers flame.They come on everytime.They are too simple to have a failure.They work like a small lights in the fishing bobbers.Push in pull out.

bmanges 01-23-2011 07:09 AM

Im sure they put a lot of thought into there price, Just because you charge alot does not mean you going to make money there has to be a balance, if they could charge less make more and get a bigger share of the market im sure they would.

camelcluch 01-27-2011 08:47 AM

Whatever the price, I'll pay just to know it's going to work everytime. Like most things you get what you pay for.