Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lighted Nocks

Old 10-22-2010, 03:28 AM
Fork Horn

I've purchased 5 lumenocks in the last 5 years and I had one that didn't properly. This year I'm try the new Nocturnal Nock. So far is practice and the one deer I have shot, I am very pleased with them.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

I've shot my Nock Turnal nock a few times now and really like it. It's very bright and hasn't failed to come on yet. The only thing I don't like about both it and all other standard nocks is how long the ears are, since I have a very small loop on my string and usually shoot short QAD Tune-a-nocks. For $8 they are awesome!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

I used a G5 on a small buck not too long ago. The nock no longer works beacuse of the amount of blood that got in it. I enjoyed the nock until then but $20 for one deer is expensive. I should have used the Firenock...
Old 11-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I remember correctly, FireNocks and Lumanocks are both made by the same place in Henry Il. The Burt Coyote Co. I may be wrong, but look it up. I use the Lumanocks and love them. Have several videos with them, including my Gold Series Catalina Ram taken in Jan. of 2008. It scored 1-3/8ths short of the then World Record!!!!! Red nock on white/tan hair, awesome!!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default Nockturnal

Nockturnal all the way. I put the same nockturnal through a 7pt, 8pt, and a doe and it stills works great.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

I will be switching to the nock-turnals,I have shot the luminoks and they work well and are very brite,but they have to maintain contact with the arrow to remain lit and with the way you have to wiggle them back to turn them off, they become loose pop out and are gone because they turn off as soon as they loose contact with the shaft!
The nock-turnals remain lit until you turn them off!
Old 11-23-2010, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

/\/\/\ And the 2 are totally different. Lumenocks wont come close in durablity and dependablity. Good shooting.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Firenock
Firenock are made by Firenock LLC. It is a high tech device with fuzzy logic micro chip, Motion sensor, digital time delay, precision 3 degree acceleration switch, titanium wire, gold connectors, field replaceable battery, field replaceable nock, and located in Henry IL

Lumenok are made by Burt Coyote which use some wire, a LED which make contact with shaft and lights; is located in Yates City, IL
But DO they still need to stay in contact with the shaft to remain lit?
I've lost several luminoks because of this, and when the last one I have is gone I'll be switching to the nokturnal.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:55 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Firenock
Firenock are made by Firenock LLC. It is a high tech device with fuzzy logic micro chip, Motion sensor, digital time delay, precision 3 degree acceleration switch, titanium wire, gold connectors, field replaceable battery, field replaceable nock, and located in Henry IL

Lumenok are made by Burt Coyote which use some wire, a LED which make contact with shaft and lights; is located in Yates City, IL
Price firenocks charge they should be charged with burglery.

I work in high tech electronics and optics, and shocked that they would demand a price like that.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Spike

Default Archers Flame

Tried many brands and nothing beats the results of archers flame.They come on everytime.They are too simple to have a failure.They work like a small lights in the fishing bobbers.Push in pull out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.