Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Full Metal Jacket Arrows >

Full Metal Jacket Arrows

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Full Metal Jacket Arrows

Old 08-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Spike

Default Full Metal Jacket Arrows

Sup guys...I just bought a easton axis 400 full metal jacket arrow..Feels like a really tuff arrow..The archery shop in my town are selling them for $10 a arrow..I usually get regular carbon easton arrows for $5....Was wondering if any of yall have shot these and what your experience with them..
Old 08-17-2010, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

I want some.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

This will be my 4th season shooting them. I shoot the 300's and have been very happy with their performance. They are very durable, and heavy, which is why I like them. Also the smaller diameter means less drag when passing through an animal. I generally don't use the epoxy that comes with them for the inserts, opting instead for standard hot melt glue. I found that with the epoxy, any errant shot, whether target practicing or in the woods, will result in the arrow breaking just above the insert because the epoxy is unweilding. No one plans to miss or shoot into a tree or anything, but when it happens, with the hot melt, there is at least the chance of just pulling the insert out and salvaging the arrow.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

Excellent arrows. I have shot prob 15 deer with them and have yet to break or bend one. And my biggest deer was laying on it (Only non pass through ever)
Old 08-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

they pack a punch. only bad part is if you are used to carbons because they bend. good arrows
Old 08-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

THEY BEND? That's news to me!
Old 08-22-2010, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

tough, heavy, consistent, easy to work with. They do bend, but it takes a lot to make that happen. If your looking for a heavier straight consistent shaft they are an excellent choice.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:26 AM
Spike

Absolutely love them. Best hunting Arrow ive shot
Old 08-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Spike

They are just GREAT !
I shot them in Africa on different game. Penetration is one of the best you can find.
They fly very accurate.
Lifetime is excelent. Except if you shot them in the trees. Sure, they will bend...
I use them in France. Even on my mountain hunts for Chamois and Mouflon, at long distances. Heavy, but fly like a dream.
I recommend them without a doubt.
Great hunt.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tried them, moved on. Pretty arrow.

No one has mentioned this passing out the kooklaid but they are aluminum outside. Some arrows draw very quietly and some don't, aluminum doesnt. Kind of the difference between running your fingers down dental floss and running them down a guitar string with the FMJ being like the guitar string.

ACC is the opposite, aluminum inside. Kind of like the dental floss.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.