Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
New S.A.B.O. & Peep Eliminator?? >

New S.A.B.O. & Peep Eliminator??

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New S.A.B.O. & Peep Eliminator??

Old 08-15-2010, 05:02 PM
Spike

Default New S.A.B.O. & Peep Eliminator??

Has any used or seen either one of these new products? The Tactical Achery Sysytems S.A.B.O. Sight 3 dot and/ or the Peep Eliminator. What are your thoughts good or bad on both products.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Spike

Also any idea if they'll fit a Hoyt Alpha Max?
Old 08-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Spike

Never seen one. Do you have a link?
Old 08-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Spike

Saw them in the back of the 2010 Bowhunter Mag. equipment edition.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

It looks very interesting.The few reviews I read were very positive except one.I'm not in the market right now but if I were I'd get it from Cabelas.Great return policy if you decide it's not for you.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...233&hasJS=true
Old 08-17-2010, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

peep eliminator is a great product if your left eye dominate and right handed, or vice versa. i dont use it anymore just because i couldnt shoot past 30 yards with it for some reason?
Old 08-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Spike

Will the SABO fit on an Alhpa Max? Can't see and side angles of it, but looks like it will
Old 08-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

I am shooting with a Hindsight and I love the idea behind it. It keeps the advantages of a peep with the rear reticle alignment of 2 circles but you don't have the drawbacks. I've seen the peep eliminator and it seems to be on the same idea minus the rear reticle. It makes it easier for me to line up and not have to squint through the peep. The bows I have shot with a peep I always found them awkward. I say go for it. It's a bit different to sight in but once it's set it's money.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:08 AM
Typical Buck

The concept is the same as those railway sights for pistols so it should work fine.

I do however have 2 concerns with this sight.

1) In order to reflect the dots properly, the lens needs to be at least partially silvered. This will reduce the available light through the sight and "may" mean that your shooting time is reduced in low light conditions. This fact may be offset by the fact that you aren't using a peep which does something similar so it may be a NET 0 change.

2) The lens itself. I am not a fan of lenses on hunting sights. Way too much potential for water droplets to collect on the lens and obscure your aiming point. I have hunted in some pretty crummy weather and would have been SOL if I had to deal with glasses or lenses of any sort.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Spike

I just recieved/ sent back the SABO the same day I got it. What a $150 pile of junk. Screws not machined flush, dots that reflected are blurred/ double triple vision of same dot. R & D missed the one. Hopefully those guys go by the way side and stop try to make advancements without the knowledge or machines to make a solid product.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.