Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lumenok or Tracer?

Old 08-09-2010, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default Lumenok or Tracer?

Just wondering what everyone's preference is? Thanks!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Id give nockturnal lighted nocks a look. I have used lumenok and tracer and have had several issues with both. The new nockturnal nocks by doubletake archery are less expensive and I believe they are a much better design.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

Ok, thanks... Going to have to look into them
Old 08-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by passthru79 View Post
Id give nockturnal lighted nocks a look. I have used lumenok and tracer and have had several issues with both. The new nockturnal nocks by doubletake archery are less expensive and I believe they are a much better design.
i was looking into them and they look great, but i shoot lumenoks and havent had a problem yet. but ive shot them next to tracers and there is a huge difference in brightness. lumenoks are easily 2 or 3 times as bright as tracers IMO
Old 08-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

luminock all the way i just put out a post on the tracer nocks and 50% of em didnt work right out of the pakage,,took em back to the shop he said send em to easton...nice guy..he wont sell me anything no more...i used luminocks but wife got me these for x-mass so i tryed em,,,not good.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

I have had lumenoks split where the string makes contact and also had them light upon shooting and then go out as soon as they hit the deer.
Used Tracers and had some not work out of the pack, they replaced them and the new pack had one that didn't work. I like how the tracers blink- much more noticeable than a steady light, now I don't use either.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

I have thought about getting both of these and after a while i just gave up because there is good and bad reviews for both. I'm just going to save my money and follow the blood trail.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive been shooting Luminoks for years and they worked pretty darn good "most" of the time. I tried Tracer nocks and Firenocks all last season. I honestly didnt care for either, they both worked, sometimes, but not nearly as reliably as the Luminoks.