Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

BS or the Truth?

Old 08-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by slayer_54
ok looking for a new bow... Z7, Attack, or Destroyer.......! i shot the Z7 and fell in love with it ......
Then why in the heck would you buy any other bow!!! If the Z7 impressed ya..... go for it.

Also, just by lookin' at the incredible number of Z7's sold this season (it's actually become Mathews ALL-TIME #1 bow) and the number of folks who rave about them on all the forums.... should instill plenty of confidence for ya.

Personally, I ordered my Z7 back in December and I absolutely love it. It's been as quick and simple to tune as ANY rig I've ever owned and it shoots like no other. Due to the exceptionally stabil, long riser design it shoots long range groups as good or better than ANY 40"+ target rig I've ever shot. A bowhunters dream rig for sure! I can't wait to chase some whitetail with it in a couple more months.

Another tip, if you order one, get a new FOCUS grip for it.... they are THE best felling after-market grip available for a Mathews rig.

Good luck and good shootin'

Old 08-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

Just a heads up on the Hoyts -- some of the cam systems have a draw adjustment stop on them that allows you to adjust the valley/let off of the bow. Hopefully you find one you like!
Old 08-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

If you like a bow, get that bow. You're not going to have trouble tuning the Z7 anymore than you would have with anything else. I personally read and hear more comments about bad experiences with BT than any other brand, but the BT bows I've been around shot great. One thing when asking around about bow brands is knowing when to weed out the fanboy bs.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

Gotta agree with whomever is scratching their head over why you haven't already bought the Z7 if that's the one you really liked.

It's all you, dude! Buy what you like.

It sounds to me like the typical fountain of misinformation is afoot, however.
1) Bear is definitely not putting out junk.
2) I never had anything but quality customer service from BowTech when I had my Constitution a few years back.
3) I have not even so much as heard the argument that the reverse assist roller guard makes tuning more difficult until reading this topic. To the contrary, the standard roller guard tends to load up at full draw which pulls the inner portion of string and the cable so tight to the side that it can cause excess rotational torque over, say, a cable slide system. (Sometimes making tuning a bit more fun.) With the reverse assist roller guard, the inner portion of string and cable are actually having some of that pulling relieved as the bow reaches full draw. This actually helps the system, not hinder it.

Sounds to me like the "BS" you speak of is winning the poll thus far. Any other worthy bow shops in your area? Best to you on your decision.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

thanks guys its always nice to get opinions from other than freinds and dealers
Old 08-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default New Bow

"people across the board say Bear doesn't put out a quality product"

Huh?
Not sure which people your talking to but I had a Diamond Iceman that I owned for a week that I replaced with a Bear bow. From what I hear the Bear Attack is definitely in the same league as the other bows you mentioned.

Last edited by sixgunluvr; 08-27-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:53 AM
Spike

Whoever said bear archery doesn't put out a quality product needs to step away from the crack pipe.All the manufacturers are putiing out quality.I've been shooting bear bows since 1973 and now have the attack and I will put it up against any thing out there .Read the reviews shoot them all and then decide without salesman putting the hate on everything but what they sell
Old 08-30-2010, 09:30 AM
Typical Buck

What other bows have you shot? If you like the Z7, go for it. I have shot alot of the new bows and there all fairly good, usually some minor differences. But what exactly are you looking for? I mean the Destroyer and the Z7 arent really alike. I would compare the Monster 6.0 and 7.0 to the Destroyer 340 and 350, and the Z7 to other single cam bows to help make a better assumption of what works for you. Also, look at the PSE, HOYTS, Strothers, Elite and so on. So many bows, pick your weapon, and remember if you keep leaning towards one bow over the others, you should trust your gut.