Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Doinker Dish

Old 08-07-2010, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default Doinker Dish

Anyone have one on there bow for hunting? If so, do you like it? I'm thinking of trying one on my Z7 for hunting, but don't know what size to get.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have both the 12" and the 6" models of the DISH and have tested them both on my Z7.

The 12" (actual 11 1/4") length is my top choice. The extra stability this model offers is simply amazing!!! Never have I owned a bow that could hold so steady and shoot so well, especially at long range than when I use the 12" model with the Small (6 hole) hub.

Old 08-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

The weight so far out on my b-stinger made my bow unbalanced. It was hard to hold steady. The dish at that length doesn't feel unbalanced in you hand? If you hold the bow in your hand without drawing it back, does the bow want to tip toward the ground because of how far the weight is at the tip? My stinger would do that.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:28 AM
Spike

Default doinker dish

my brother-in-law and i shoot the doinker and we love them. i tried a octane and they are ok too.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Spike

The great thing is , even extended out you can offset the weight and the bow will be balanced. You just will need to take a little time and play with the weight palcement.