Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

matthews z7

Old 07-27-2010, 08:49 AM
Spike

Default matthews z7

I went to my local pro shop and tried the new matthews for myself. After the first shot the string jumped the cam and pieces went flying everywhere. As for smooth drawing as the commercials all state, I didn't feel it. The guy didn't even know what to say. Maybe I should have tried something else but after that I was a little shocked. I'm not even sure of the price of this bow, but after that performance he couldn't give it to me. So I just picked up some arrows and went on my way. Did anyone else have any similar problems with this bow? I've dry fired bows that didn't do this, what a piece of junk.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

love mine.. no problems yet... very smooth and pretty fast... prob one of my favorite bows I've owned so far... judging by what happened, I would guess there had to be a serious defect on that particular bow.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Fork Horn

i shot one at my buddys shop and was completely baffeled that thang almost broke my hand with hand shock and just sucked but i am a bow tech fan my self
Old 07-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

the hand shock comment is funny, I just got through trying one out with just an arrow rest (qad) on it. I couldnt feel anything when it went off. The pieces falling off that doesnt sound good, definetelty would be sending that bow in to see what happened. When I bought my dxt 2 years ago there was a very small paint defect on the limb and I sent it back to get checked out and they replaced the limbs.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Love my Z7, smooth, quiet, and fast enough for me
Old 07-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

Hand shock out of a mathews? haha thats a good joke!
Old 07-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pamike
I went to my local pro shop and tried the new matthews for myself. After the first shot the string jumped the cam and pieces went flying everywhere. As for smooth drawing as the commercials all state, I didn't feel it. The guy didn't even know what to say. Maybe I should have tried something else but after that I was a little shocked. I'm not even sure of the price of this bow, but after that performance he couldn't give it to me. So I just picked up some arrows and went on my way. Did anyone else have any similar problems with this bow? I've dry fired bows that didn't do this, what a piece of junk.
Suuuure, you seem like a really credible source ?!? LOL!

NO previous posts, a blank profile....... huh,..... I smell a troll !!!

Old 08-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

regardless of his troll status lol ive shot about 150 arrows off of my dads and i love it, and when i put that down and pick up my outback its insane
Old 08-03-2010, 06:33 AM
Spike

Default My test shot of the Z7 ended up with me buying 1

I was so shocked when I test fired the Z7, I had to have it. By far the smoothest shooting bow I've fired, drastic improvement over my Switchback XT which I loved to begin with. Just now finding time to start shooting it regularly and seems to be accurate. The comment about hand shock is way of base, and I don't even know what to say about the exploding bow. I love mine.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

I bought my Z7 a couple months ago, I wasn't used to the pull of a single cam right away but never thought it wasn't a smooth drawing bow. And as far as the hand shock, by far the least i've ever felt. Even from the first shot there was hardly ANY vibration, the bow just seemed to tilt forward with the release. Great bow so far, the only thing I've noticed is that after a while practicing I've had 3 monkey tails lose the tips

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.