Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Firecat up and runnning

Old 07-21-2010, 02:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Firecat up and runnning

Finally got my Martin Firecat up and running again after about 5 weeks in the shop. Actually the shop had it longer than I did. I had bought the bow as a '08 demo and the shop put a new string on it. The string must have been faulty because during the break in period (I like to get at least 100 -150 shots through a new string before I tune the bow), about 10 strands busted. The shop owner examined it and found the lower limb cracked.
Martin replaced the limbs, cams cable and string. The limbs were the newer 2011 limbs with the conversion kit (newer limbs are narrower and the cams are the new Cat 2 cams). Shooting it last night the bow appears to be a bit faster and it also feels like it has a smoother draw. And the new cams do not have the sharp break like the older ones that were on the bow. It feels almost like a single cam system.