Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

nap blood runner

Old 08-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

oh i know ive just never bee a big fan of fixed blades for deer.
That makes absolutely no sense to me what so ever.

The only part of the entire system that is actually doing the killing you want to have a bunch of moving parts held together with itsy bitsy screws instead of it being as solid, strong and reliable as possible???????

Things that make you go hmmmm.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by StormDogOutdoors
oh i know ive just never bee a big fan of fixed blades for deer.

oh and ryan, my package says not to shoot them from a Xbow.
My new package does. My old one is long gone. I'm not saying it was NAP's fault. It could be my fault entirely because of the crossbow. I shot them multiple times before without a problem so It could have just finally had enough. I was willing to pay for the screw to fix it. I'll have to get the hellrazors for the xbow again. They flew great out of it.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Spike

Good feedback. I've shot the rage 2-blades and they worked fine, but I found that blades pretty flimsy. Was looking at these as well as the G5 T3, but I'm leaning toward these bloodrunners.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:25 AM
Typical Buck

Why wouldn't it make any sense to you bigbulls? I mean you shoot what you prefer, I shoot what I prefer. I don't judge you, you don't judge me.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Spike

They could not give me a lifetime suplie of blood runners if u ask me there are 4 of us here in Ohio all of us shot deer not one with blood runners they suck I will never ever look at em again when u smoke a deer a 12 yards and there's no blood I don't want nothin to do with blood runners switched to rage in went to backstrap heaven
Old 09-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bigbulls

I'd put a ST up against a Rage or bloodrunner any day of the week in any kind of legitimate broadhead test you could come up with. For that matter I would put them up against most any other broadhead made no matter what price.
Hole size and tissue damage?
Old 09-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Why wouldn't it make any sense to you bigbulls?
I thought I stated that when I said this...
The only part of the entire system that is actually doing the killing you want to have a bunch of moving parts held together with itsy bitsy screws instead of it being as solid, strong and reliable as possible???????

Things that make you go hmmmm.

Originally Posted by squirrel slayer
Hole size and tissue damage?
Absolutely!

It's pretty simple math.

Slick Trick standard 1" diameter four blade. = 2" total cut.
Slick Trick magnum 1.125" diameter four blade = 2.25" total cut.
Grizz Trick 1.25" diameter four blade = 2.5" total cut.

Blood Runner 2 blade 2 1/16" diameter = 2 1/6" total cut
Blood Runner three blade 1 1/2" diameter = 2.25" total cut

Rage two blade 2" diameter = 2" total cut
Rage three blade 1.5" diameter = 2.25" total cut.

The only variable is penetration through the deer. I'll take the bet any day of the week that a Slick Trick (or other similar head like a Muzzy MX4, Wac'em exit, Stryker magnums, etc) will out penetrate any of the blood runners or Rage heads.

Last edited by bigbulls; 09-29-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

i watched all of those videos. Was there even one pass through? Not knocking em. Just saying to each his own i guess. I want as much penetration as possible.