Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

nap blood runner

Old 07-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default nap blood runner

ok so today i was at dicks and the first place i always go is the hunting section. as some of you know im a bowhunter on a budget (as most of us are) and i noticed that a 4 pack of blood runners was cheaper than a 3 pack of rages by a dollar or so. has anyone shot these? i want the good bad and ugly please and thanks.

oh and another thing. i looked at the team realtree quick shrink fletchings and they are 20 bucks. as of right now i am shooting 2 green 1 yellow fletchings and its kinda hard to see them in the ground but i was wondering if they fly the same as normal quick shrink fletchings or whatever because they are only 20 for 6 instead of 30
Old 07-15-2010, 07:53 AM
Fork Horn

I was at Dicks last night and was looking at them as well. I did a google search about reviews and the only negative thing that I seen about them is the point is spring loaded and as longs as the point is being pushed in then the broadhead will expand out to a 2 1/4" (I believe) wide cut. Oneperson was questioning that if the arropw was going through a deer would the point have continuous pressure to achieve the large cuting area. At a very minimyn if the the blades does not expand out you will have a 1 1/8" cutting area. Hope this helps. There are some youtube demonstations on them and their reviews.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

I have tried the Blood runners, The ones i shot made a lot of noise during flight, They are sitting in my shop right now
Old 07-20-2010, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

ok thanks guys
Old 07-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

Another question, The last post said that they made a lot of noise. How do they make more nois than say a three blade fixed blade? The two balde broadhead id 1 1/8" retracted. I really like the look of the blades, just was wondering about the moise and the fact that he blades expand upon contact usging constant pressure on the tip.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

after watching this i think my mind is made up... http://www.cutsnomatterwhat.com/

watch the last video
Old 07-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah that video is crazy, they look like a good head. If you opt to shoot them make shure you do a write up on them.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

Just watched the videos. Crazy, I am going ot Dicks to pick up a package.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Was told today that the 3-blades fly better than the 2-blades. Not a smart guy on mechanical broadheads so I don't know if that's just the norm or not.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:32 AM
Typical Buck

well ive always shot 2 blade rage which i liked better than the 3 blade so im sticking to the two blade configuration.

oh and rank bull my write up im assuming you mean like a mini review type deal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.