Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Buying a new release suggestions. >

Buying a new release suggestions.

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Buying a new release suggestions.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Typical Buck

I bought off Ebay in the past and have had good experiences. I found an 800 yd (Nc Star brand) Range Finder with adjustable reticle and 6X magnification. The retail was around $260 and these were at less than $100 with 2 hours left. The seller had 1512 items sold and a 100% rating. Seemed like a pretty good deal but I never heard of Nc Star range finders have any of you?
Old 09-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Spike

One word Scott
Old 09-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
If you are using a D-loop, I think the only way to go is a hook- type release. I have a Tru-Ball short-n-sweet and really like it. It goes on the string quickly and without looking away. Other hook-type releases include the Spott-Hogg Wiseguy, Scott SilverHorn, Scott RhinoXT, the Jim Fletcher Insider and Fletch Hook, and many of the Carter releases. All those mentioned are in the $60-$100.00 range. I also agree that a buckle type is the way to go. Velcro can be a nightmare. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
i will say x10!!!!! tru fire is crap compared to the tru ball short n sweet!!! i absolutely love it!!! i will never buy another release other than this one!! and yes buckle is the way to go!!! i promise you will not be dissapointed with that release!!
Old 09-30-2010, 06:29 AM
Spike

take a look at the scott little goose with the buckle strap. as far as wrist releases go it's top choice for me. i prefer a "T" handle release for hunting so i dont have it hanging from my wrist all day. i have the pro diamond and love it!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Spike

Think I am going to slide over to Academy after work and pick up a new release
Old 10-01-2010, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a True Fire with the buckle.IMO they're better than the velcro strap versions.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

Used to use a tru fire buckle, but after hunting in the rain it became unreliable... The shop I frequent did everything they could think of, but to no avail. Still wouldn't function smoothly.

They all shoot the Tru Ball Copperhead with velcro strap. I borrowed one for an outing of shooting. Bought two, one for me and one for my wife! I hunt in all weather conditions and neither one has failed us yet... My favorite realse yet, and they redesigned their strap last year so adjusting length is much easier.