Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Buying a new release suggestions. >

Buying a new release suggestions.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Buying a new release suggestions.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default Buying a new release suggestions.

I have an old release don't even know the name of the manufacturer, It is the original realtree camo to give you an idea of how old it is. It is the wrist strap with a bar that your middle, ring and pinky finger squeezes to reduce pressure on the wrist.
It is bulky and cumbersome and though I shoot great with it I can't do much with my right hand while wearing it.

Any suggestions on a reasonably priced wrist attached release. I figure some of you had bought one or two that you disliked and you could save me the trouble of buying the same one. What would you recommend as far as Manufacturer like Tru-Fire or Cobra, etc. or specific model. I have a small wrist and small hands- nothing I would have to stretch my fingers too far to operate comfortably. Thanks! And American made is a plus!
Old 07-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Dominant Buck

This is my favorite..
Average price ..abouit 67.00

Tru Fire Hurrican Glove

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-11-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

I have a pretty cheap Tru-Fire one. I cannot find the exact one online but I like it.

I would recommend getting a buckle type strap over a velcro one. Velcro can be loud in the woods and I can never get velcro to find comfortably. With my buckle one, I just hook in the same hole every time.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

I was leaning toward the Tru Fire releases. I will stop by Bass Pro tomorrow after work and see if they have that Hurricane release. Thanks guys. I am still open to feedback.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:23 AM
Dominant Buck

ok guys..I don't have the Hurricane I have a different tru fire model..

The Story...

I bought a quick release and HATED IT..another archer told me to try one like the one below in the picture.OH MY GOODNESS..I loved it ..my groups were right on but I wore it out. SO I got on ebay and bought another just like it for 25.00.The one below is the one I have now and use.It's not velcro but a strap that tightens nicely..I've never had a Hurricane but it looks very similiar to mine. I'd love to find another one like this one..
Fact..I'm going shooting real soon..
Just type in Tru Fire on ebay..there are 8 pages of releases..but none like the one below..I guess they make different models yearly.The Hurrican is about as close as ya get..I'm not crazy about the velcro either..I'd keep lookng for something similiar but not velcro..too noisy and might come undone when pulling back the bow..60 pounds is a lot of pressure.

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-12-2010 at 05:37 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:25 AM
Fork Horn

I* have the exact one bought at walmart about 5 years ago
Old 07-12-2010, 05:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Wish I could find a couple more new..I'd buy them,
Old 07-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are using a D-loop, I think the only way to go is a hook- type release. I have a Tru-Ball short-n-sweet and really like it. It goes on the string quickly and without looking away. Other hook-type releases include the Spott-Hogg Wiseguy, Scott SilverHorn, Scott RhinoXT, the Jim Fletcher Insider and Fletch Hook, and many of the Carter releases. All those mentioned are in the $60-$100.00 range. I also agree that a buckle type is the way to go. Velcro can be a nightmare. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 07-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys, didn't have a chance to stop at Bass Pro, I will check out ebay and craigslist, didn't even think about that, actually I never bought any hunting gear off there but I think I might start.Seems like alot of you guys like the Tru-Fire releases. That means more to me when numerous hunters use the same brand and different models of that brand and of course that they like the releases and would recommend them.

Pastor Jim, I never used a hook type release always the jaw type but I will check these out as well.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Dominant Buck

When buying off of Ebay I look for.

A buyer with about 100% and has sold a few hundred at least.. Scammers will usually have a low number of sales as they have been kicked off and have started up again with a new screen name.Good sellers take pride in their stats and will be very prompt on shipping and exchanging the product if your unhappy.

Overall I've done pretty good on ebay..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.