Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Anyone use easton axis arrows? >

Anyone use easton axis arrows?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Anyone use easton axis arrows?

Old 03-09-2008, 01:36 AM
Spike

Default Anyone use easton axis arrows?

I bought the easton epic arrows and used them last season...love the arrows tough hard hitting arrows the only thing is i could not us fixed blade broadheads. Due to the hidden insert, EVERY fixed blade broadhead I used flew like 4 inches to the right...it was like the arrow curved every time I would shoot it. I shoot a mathews drenalin and I brought it to a pro shop two times and had it tuned...the last time i brought the broadhead with me and the man told me it should shoot just like the field tip...just wondering if anyone else had this problem.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:33 AM

Default RE: Anyone use easton axis arrows?

ORIGINAL: hatcher88

Due to the hidden insert
How do you know this?
Old 03-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Easton Epics do not use HIT inserts. Do you mean Axis? I've used the FMJ's no problems and they fly like a dart.

Dan
Old 03-09-2008, 11:52 AM

I'm using the ST Axis as well as the Axis FMJ - both have the hidden inserts. Best flying arrows I have ever used. Work great with broadheads - both fixed and expandable.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like there is some sort of tuning, fletch contact, arrow tuning or arrow spine problem. If the spine is correct and the arrows are square and spin test OK you may have a tuning issue where you need to move the rest to get your field points and broadheads hitting in the same place then move the site.

Do a search on broadhead tuning.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Spike

Yeah sorry bout that...I meant the axis arrows...I have got the bow tuned and then brought it back and had them check it again...but if you arent having problems using fixed blade broadheads then i guess i'll bring the bow back in and have the pro shop shoot the broadheads...i dunno what else to do...i love the arrows though...and its not just that one broadhead its every fixed blade I shot...thanks for the input guys
Old 03-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Fork Horn

Thats a good idea.Bring it to the shop and have them try with both field points and broadheads. Maybe they can find something is off.

I know that if I don't pay attention to my shooting form or get tired that when I shoot fixed blades they don't fly as well as my field points but they usually don't always group in one direction.

I like the Axis arrows.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Spike

I've got the mossy oak ST axis arrows with 2 inch blazer vanes. Arrows fly extremely well and have been very durable! I let me friend shoot me bow and all 6 arrows cam back in tact! I have never hunted with these arrows yet so I don't know but they are accurate and durrable I will say.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:31 AM

When you say you got the bow "tuned" - did they put it in a jig and check the centershot and nocking point? From there, did they or you check the paper tune? And, from there, did someone shoot groups with both field points and broadhead - tweaking the nocking point and arrow rest to get the two groups to come together? This is process I have used with success a number of times. It is outlined in detail in Easton's Tuning Guide.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

Fmj s and carbon express maxium s are the best arrows on the market, but if you shoot a fast bow you need 350s or above

Quick Reply: Anyone use easton axis arrows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.