Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Your favorite broadhead! And why! >

Your favorite broadhead! And why!

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Your favorite broadhead! And why!

Old 11-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by live2hunt009
I am a Grim Reaper fan. Penetration is unmatchable by any other expandable.
if they stop making steelheads ill buy grim reapers i think they are the 2nd best penetrating head after the steelhead

ayone else notice the guy in the grim reaper videos is the guy who first did the old rocket video where the biggest buck they shot was a spiker?
Old 08-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

NAP Spitfires...
Old 10-11-2011, 05:43 AM
Fork Horn

I started out with 100g Hell Razors, at first they flew fine… I even shot a small buck at 30 yds, blood trail was 3 ft wide! Deer went about 30 yds and collapses… I then started having issues with arrow flight after 35 yds… took it to a bow shop and we tuned and tuned and came to the conclusion that since the Hell Razors are welded together they can have a wobble to them. I then said I need this bow shooting straight before I leave. So he went and found me some 100g Montec’s put them on and flew like a dart and I was happy. He said the Montec’s are made out of one piece of metal so you don’t much see a wobble to them.

If you don’t get the Montec CS then they will need sharpening but that’s easy with this broad head. I practices with the Montec pre-season and can put 2 in the kill zone at 50 yards on windy days. It really sucks when you loose confidence in your broad heads but so long as these keep flying straight I don’t see how they won’t work.

Hell Razors were def. sharper but we couldn’t get them to fly worth a darn…
Old 10-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by UncleNorby
You WANT your arrow to pass through the deer. "Never had a passthrough yet" means you have had really bad luck, you are not shooting enough DW for your choice of broadhead, or are shooting your deer in the wrong spot.

I prefer fixed blade heads. Cabelas FX-3 work just fine for me. Easy to tune to hit with FPs, solidly built, and they cost around $20 for 6.
he said not had not had a passthrough, which means all of his shots have been passthroughs.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Grim Reapers 100%!!!!!!!! What other broadhead out there is good enough for a major bow manufactor to out their name on it? None!! Mathews did. They are the only ones out there to have ever done so. That says volumes for their belief in a product.
That and I have take over 80 animals with them and have yet to loose one or trail one over 125yds, no matter the hit!!!!!!! That includes a 193-3/16ths, 12pt So. Il giant and an 1-3/8ths short at the time World record Catalina Ram from So. Texas. The 12pt took a spine hit that broke a vertabre into 4 pieces and only broke off one blade!!!
I have 2 doz. 100grn put up on the shelf just to be sure I won't/don't run out.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

I bought 3 G5 Montecs for $35.00 a couple years ago.
Theyre the toughest broadhead on the market.
You can shoot a cinder block at 20 yrds & still shoot a deer with the same broadhead.

Ive used the same 'one' broadhead on the same arrow for the last 3 seasons. (Its my lucky arrow)
7 dead deer with my G5 Montec, always had a complete pass-through & Ive never had to sharpen it yet. I put a doe down at 20 yrds Tuesday night & she dropped where she stood. She dumped all 8+ pints of blood in about a minute & a half & was dead within 2.

The thing I like most about the Montecs, you dont have to worry about replacement blades. Once you put it on your arrow, its on your arrow till you take it off. No maintenance or assembly required.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:34 AM
Spike

Muzzy 100 gr. 4 blade,with GT arrows.I've never had a problem with any of them.They fly true,so why change anything.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:21 AM
Spike

Muzzy 3 blade 100's- 9 deer always had to re sight
Muzzy 4 blade 100's- 3 deer " "
Slick Trick Mag 100's- Shot one HUGE deer in shoulder good penetration approx 12'' no blood no recovery. I just couldn't go back to em after that heart break. Shot straight a little noisy but nothing to bad
Rage 2 blade 100's - 6 deer never had a problem huge cuts quick death but only had one pass through. I really loved these but also really wanted a broad-head that was more likely to pass through.
Ram Cat 125's- Some initial minor issues resolved (set screws) 1 deer wonderful performance pass through after hitting the spine and going right through the heart. Great wound channel and penetration. But time will tell
Old 10-28-2011, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

well you can tell muzzys are the fav. muzzy 125 grain 3 blades. they tear it up good and are very durable, you can find them just about anywhere.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Spike

ive used them all here are my top 5 in order.

1. Muzzy 4 blade
2. NAP Hellrazor
3. Rocket Meat Seeker 3 blade
4. Grim Reaper
5. Magnus Buzzcut

I have nothing good to say about rage as they have broken every time i use them, and nothing good to say about G5. i have shot all the G5 broadheads and the montech was the best of them all, that is to say if g5 was the only bh on the market to buy it would be the montech 100g. for me, otherwise G5 sucks. Tekken is a joke. so is Tekken 2, so is T3. all fixed blades are goind to require adj. thats just it. i like mechanicals so i dont have to but muzzy always come thru for me. never fails me. the nap is a bear to get right but it cuts so well and i like not having to change blades. Tried all NAP, the bloodrunner is awesome. leaves a HUGE hole. but it is so loud. I still to this day shoot the meat seekers and have been shooting them since they were named the undertakers, no adj., never broken a blade. Always open. Grim reapers work awesome enough said. the only reason i dont use the alot is i dont trust the foldback blades 100%. And the Magnus is great for anything. Turkey bear deer it does it all and its simple. Never had a clean pass through tho. cuts well but its just not quite enough for me. Fly straight and penetrate well. Also goes thru bone like no other. thats where i stand. Oh and if you see one called the ATOM DO NOT USE IT. Garbage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.