Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Your favorite broadhead! And why! >

Your favorite broadhead! And why!

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Your favorite broadhead! And why!

Old 08-30-2010, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm trying the Grizztricks this year. I also have some NAP Nightmares from last year that I'll use, that group right with my Grizztricks all the way out to 40 yards. Both have 1 1/4" cuts and that is what I'm interested in.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:55 AM
Spike

G5 Montec for me... Accurancy & penetration. Even for long distances shots.
Mechanicals are still prohibited in France...
Old 08-31-2010, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by GRIZZLYMAN
I'm trying the Grizztricks this year. I also have some NAP Nightmares from last year that I'll use, that group right with my Grizztricks all the way out to 40 yards. Both have 1 1/4" cuts and that is what I'm interested in.
I think you'll like them. They have perfomed very well for me. I shot a 235 buck lst year in Illinois that net a complete pass thru 'almost' end to end on the animal. He ran 60 yds and piled up. Of course, many good heads out there that with that shot placement would do well. But I imagine Ill shot a couple more with this head! Good hunting!
Old 09-01-2010, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using regular slicktricks long before they were a popular main stream broadhead.I see no reason to ever change.Last year I bought a pack of grizztricks just to try.They're a good broadhead and I killed three deer with them with no issues.They penetrated well,held together and were just as easy to tune.However,people get way to hung up on big gaping wounds.The deer I've killed with grizztricks and huge mechanicals didn't die any faster than the ones I killed with traditional broadheads or regular slicktricks.I've killed well over 30 deer with regular slick tricks and only one made it out of sight.I get full penetration every time and have used the same head on 4 different deer and a gobbler one year.I can't say for sure but I'm almost positive that I've most likely used that same head to kill several more.It doesn't get any better than that.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

I have shot deer with the exact same result with Thunderhead, rocket 3 blade 85 grain tip, rocket mini blasters 100, rocket hamerhead 100, muzzy 3 blade 100, and now rage 3 blade. I think it is ALL opinionated, a well placed shot with any decent broadhead on the market will do the job. Well, this coming from someone who is paying $40.00 for three heads. Might try slick tricks next year.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

Muzzy 4 blade 100 grain.

When a switched from mech.'s a couple years ago they were strong, cheap, and came with practice blades. I can hit a beer can at 60 yards with them. No reason to change. That being said, my favorite broadhead is the one that hits the boiler room everytime.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hated the old G5 Tekkens. Actually I hate any broadhead that has 0-rings. I remember a windy day my bow was rocking on the arrow rest....and the blades kept sliding down and into position. Junk.

Tried Rage 2-Blades last year...had a few annoying issues with the blades coming off the O-ring. It's just a huge pet peeve of mine.

So I went back with NAP Spitfire's. I've used the XP's for years and years. This year I'm trying the Spitfire MAXX broadhead. It's like the XP but with a larger cutting diameter.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

Steel Force Phat head. Durable, cut on contact that fly to the same spot as my field points. Has replaceable blades if you ever need them. Blades stay sharp for a long long time, easy to sharpen but, the company will resharpen for free during off season, you just pay shipping

Last edited by *twodogs*; 09-24-2010 at 06:21 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

NAP Thunderheads 125 gr. No tuning problems, accurate, extremely strong, well made, reliable and have never left me down on any game I have used them on. Confidence right out of the box.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whichever one kills the critters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.