Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Your favorite broadhead! And why! >

Your favorite broadhead! And why!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Your favorite broadhead! And why!

Old 08-13-2010, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thunderheads. Ive shot lots of broadheads over the last 28 years, but I always go back to Thunderheads. I tried Muzzy back when the were the new big thing, Ive tried Rage's, G5s, all of them are good, but, for one reason or another I always go back to Thunderheads.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

Grim Reapers Razorcuts...fly no different than a field point and are devastating to a whitetail..have the trocar bonecrusher tip that ensures good penetration..shot 7 deer last year (watched 5 of the 7 fall, all within 100 yards, with 6 of the 7 pass throughs)and the the only that didnt pass was a doe that was hit in the spine
Old 08-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE:

Mine would be a GrizzTrick 100 Grain. Just like a Slick Trick only a larger cut. I'm surprised no one has mentioned them.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Spike

G5 Montec - 100 grains. These broad heads go through things, like bone, and remain in one piece. I have used one broad to harvest four whitetail deer without sharpening. I would love to hear about another that would do the same.

Cheers!
Old 08-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by formula1
Mine would be a GrizzTrick 100 Grain. Just like a Slick Trick only a larger cut. I'm surprised no one has mentioned them.
I just noticed that you shoot a Bowtech General. Please use caution with that bow. That was my first purchase and it almost put an arrow through my arm due to cam separation. The string was cut by the separated cam and put four large cuts into my arm.

Also, that bow was recalled due to limb design. Rumor has it that the recall was due to a man in California taking a piece of limb to the skull and causing death. I just do not want to see a hunter hurt by a product.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Spike

G5 Montec's, they are virtually indistructable.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE:

Originally Posted by vipermike98
I just noticed that you shoot a Bowtech General. Please use caution with that bow. That was my first purchase and it almost put an arrow through my arm due to cam separation. The string was cut by the separated cam and put four large cuts into my arm.

Also, that bow was recalled due to limb design. Rumor has it that the recall was due to a man in California taking a piece of limb to the skull and causing death. I just do not want to see a hunter hurt by a product.
No worries, I have new limbs anyway. What I know about the recall is defect in the limbs at the tip and occurred in only 1% of those sold and they sold many. I actually shot mine for one full deer season before I replaced the limbs (my choice BTW) and I'm still here. Bowtech takes care of their customers (they did me) and that is what is important.

Good hunting this year! Now back to the question, snyone else using GrizzTricks?
Old 08-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Now back to the question, snyone else using GrizzTricks?
I used the Grizz tricks last season and will be going back to the ST magnums this year. Overall I like the performance of the magnums better than the grizztricks.

G5 Montec - 100 grains. These broad heads go through things, like bone, and remain in one piece. I have used one broad to harvest four whitetail deer without sharpening. I would love to hear about another that would do the same.
I have tested the toughness of broadheads by shooting them into concrete and wa able to shoot the same Slick trick magnum, 125 grain, into a cinder block 4 times and aside from dinged up blades and dull tip it was perfectly reusable again and still straight. None of the other dozen or so broadheads, including the G5 montec, were shootable again after a single shot.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Typical Buck

See signature below. I have shot Rocket Steelheads A few seasons during my expandable days and they worked well for me. Muzzy just "fit" with what I want from my equipment.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:03 AM
Spike

Default G5 Tekan; Nothing else compares!

I worked for years as an equipment tester for BOWHUNTING magazine and have had the honor of testing every single broadhead that was mentioned here.

I took the advice of another hunter last year and he offered me a G5 Tekan to try out.

I shot an 11 pointer that very day @ 37.5 yards, and I have never seen a broadhead do what that thing did!

Pass through at that range, almost severed the entire heart in half!

He took all of about six steps, turned a 180 and then made a short huff noise and fell dead.

In my opinion, the shot placement was critical, the arrow did its job, but the G5 Tekan did the rest!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.