HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   stabilizer comparison (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/323655-stabilizer-comparison.html)

wvdeerhunter22 05-22-2010 07:02 PM

stabilizer comparison

I did a non scientific comparison of a limbsaver s-coil xl. 7in 7.86 oz. and the octane stabilizer 7" I shot both on my destroyer 340.

Looks-octane
Price- s-coil (21.99 vs 44.99)
Performance- s-coil

In my opinion, the s-coil provided more vibration reduction and noise reduction, and I really thought the differance was pretty noticeable. I went in planning on spending the extra cash on the octane and was more than willing to, but the s-coil performed better IMO. Plus I got it in the new cammo that matches my bow better than the old sims cammo.

One thing though, I heard the xl was being discontinued, if so, I'm glad I found one.

IL-Cornfed 05-23-2010 12:26 PM

The Simms is just a chunk of rubber but if thats what you call "stabilization" then I'm glad you're happy with it.

Good luck and good shootin'

steelhead777 05-24-2010 10:18 AM

that is what you call a Dampener!

steelhead777 05-24-2010 10:24 AM

Check out a Stealth Stab and get the Weight Kit with it to screw into the end 1-3 oz extra on the end can make a big difference.you get the best of both worlds,a sound dampener and a true Stabilizer.
www.stealtharchery.com

wvdeerhunter22 05-24-2010 02:37 PM

Well whether its a "stabilizer" or somthing else, it goes on the front of my bow and does what I want done without adding more weight than what I like. JMO though. I'm sure there are other great "stabilizers" and stabilizers out there.

wvnimrod 05-25-2010 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by wvdeerhunter22 (Post 3629925)
Well whether its a "stabilizer" or somthing else, it goes on the front of my bow and does what I want done without adding more weight than what I like. JMO though. I'm sure there are other great "stabilizers" and stabilizers out there.

I agree,who cares what you want to call it as long as it does what you want it to do! I have a sims on one of my rigs also because it does just what I need it to do! But some people have to have a satilite dish on thier rig than talk trash about other stabs,I geuss to make them feel better about spending big$$ on it.

Ed McDonald 05-25-2010 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed (Post 3629578)
The Simms is just a chunk of rubber but if thats what you call "stabilization" then I'm glad you're happy with it.

If it works , who cares what it's called . :confused0024:,,:confused0024:,,:confused0024:

RIStrutStopper 05-27-2010 06:59 AM

I've got a sims x-coil on my new bow. Works for me. I've got a sims modular stabilizer on my older bow, I guess thats more of a stabilizer than the x-coil, but they both work for me. Maybe if I was a hardcore target archer I'd opt for a more functional stabilizer but I'm happy with what I've got.

cartman308 05-28-2010 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by RIStrutStopper (Post 3630833)
I've got a sims x-coil on my new bow. Works for me. I've got a sims modular stabilizer on my older bow, I guess thats more of a stabilizer than the x-coil, but they both work for me. Maybe if I was a hardcore target archer I'd opt for a more functional stabilizer but I'm happy with what I've got.

That is all that matters. If you are happy and shooting well there is no need to change other than to experiment!