Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Is it worth it to spend the money? >

Is it worth it to spend the money?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Is it worth it to spend the money?

Old 10-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

Boonerboys1...... I could buy your a**.

Old 10-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Spike

Buddy I really doubt that u must b living in a dream or sumthing any body can talk **** on a computer just drop it dude ur not worth a argument I give it to u man ur a real computer tough guy I bet u wouldn't say that to my face
Old 10-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

I'm a girl, actually. Probably the only one you've ever talked to judging by your charming personality.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:21 AM
Spike

Upgrade to this. Great sight. $70 dollars.
http://www.basspro.com/Trophy-Ridge-...684645#reviews
Old 11-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default Keyboard Commandos

Originally Posted by Boonerboys1
I accept bruiser sorry guys god bless u all hope u all have a great season this year
Ha Ha Booner Boy your a hoot. Your come on here with a measly 16 posts calling people stupid for asking a simple question about equipment and then accept an apology from someone who is gracious and humble enough to give you the benefit of the doubt.

How old are you?....12? Time to grow up a little bit son and while your working on growing up a little please work on your spelling....it makes you look.....well..stupid.

Took my limit this year with a used $175 Bear Instinct....I was smart enough to save the extra cash.

Last edited by sixgunluvr; 11-06-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default One of the most difficult things

is to buy fishing and hunting products that are not the highest quality, are less expensive, and still obtain the hunting objective.

I have a backup compound bow, I bought new for $100; have an inexpensive early fiber optics sight; a totally old fashioned hunter prong rest. How would I ever come close to convincing a newbie that that bow can still harvest deer. That it could ever harvest a deer in its existence. And I'm not going to tell you the bow is over 40 inches, axle to axle. Newbies would go stark raving mad on that fact alone.

Some folks are just better primed to buy those $1200 bows. Age about killed me on that price.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tsaxybabe
This is my first year bowhunting (I started shooting a bow in July) and I just started out with the cheapest accessories on my bow. The sight I have right now is just the basic $20 plastic sight with 3 pins. I like the look of the Spot Hoggs (I was looking at the Right on, with 5 pins and the hogg wrap for $125). However, my fiance tells me its a waste of money because the one I have works good enough. I agree, the sight I do have works, but is it wrong to want a better one? It's a pretty good chunk of money to spend..do you think I'm better off with the better sight or should I just use the one I have? I mostly just want it for the extra pins, plus they are smaller and brighter and I have heard this sight is almost indestructible. I was recently given $100 as a gift so I have that money lying around. Your thoughts would be appreciated
There are those of us on here that have many sites and rests and do sell them for close to half the cost being we end up with more then we need........
Were is the 100 gift card for ? the reson I ask is that at alot of sport stores that will put older model sites on clearance and if you wait long enough i.e spring/early summer you can get a nice site at a reasonable cost...
Old 11-25-2010, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its not the price of the tool/s it the person useing the tool that makes it work or not work for it intended use....A 1200$ bow is'nt going to get ya any closer to deer then a used or older 100$ bow same goes with arrow rests/arrows and sites......Some of us started bowhunting with the old and true Whitetail Bow back in the day and now we are shooting 800-1200 dollar bows with 175.00 sites and 160.00 arrow rest....Why...Because we shoot yr round and like nice equipment...For the person that only bowhunts for a short amount of time a 300-400 set-up is all they really need if they parctice practice practice before deer season..........Besides a 320 IBO bow is'nt needed if your shots are under 30 yrds.......
Old 12-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Spike

The great thing is that there is a great selection of equipment out there for every price range. This is a great place to get freindly advice and reviews on new and used equipment however trying to make someone feel bad or stupid because they spend to much or to little is wrongin my opinion.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Spike

I do have to say a good sight and rest can make all the difference in the world. I still shot a Bear Whitetail II and just upgraded the other stuff as I need. Plus the best part is upgraded site comes off if you ever changes bows.