Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
lookin for good fixed blade >

lookin for good fixed blade

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

lookin for good fixed blade

Old 05-31-2010, 04:51 AM
Fork Horn

I have heard bow shops lobby the "machine tuned bow" argument before as well. Not a good idea! As pointed out before, the machine will not be shooting the bow, you will. If the bow and the shooter are not tuned to each other, all else is mute. As far as broadheads go there are a pile of good ones. I have had great luck with Stingers, Nightmares, and Muzzy Phantoms. I tend to be a cut-on-contact type. This year I think I will give the single bevel heads found on the Alaska Bowhunting Supply site a try.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

take a close look at Slick Trick's new Razortrick!!
Old 06-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

Muzzy was the 1st broadhead I have ever used. I still use Muzzy and see no reason to stop.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Snood Slapper
Ok, I'll give you my fixed blade pick. I'm pretty certain I'll be the lone voice here for them here and I'm sure I'll be far overwhelmed by SlickTrick users and the like, but you just have to trust and try. You don't hear about them on boards like this much, yet, somehow, they have remained in business for years. How is this? Solid, quality, sharp heads. Innerloc. Absolutely the most precise machining of any head I've used; which equals accuracy. You won't find a brand with more options for heads or more dependable. Family business and good folks. It has to say something if you've been around long enough to own a domain like www.broadheads.com

Looks like ol interlock pretty much copied off Muzzy broadheads hum...
Old 06-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Spike

I started shooting G5 Strikers midway through the '08 bow season and I've been blown away by them. They shoot exceptional out of everything I've tried them with, even out to 50 yards. I get the same POI as field points.

The flight is one thing, the blood trails are another all together. For such a small head, they are devastating! The blood is immediate and profuse, and the entry and exit holes are deceiving, you'd never guess a 1 1/8" head could do damage like that.

I've also turned lots of my buddies on to them and they've experienced the same results.

I've also heard alot of good about Slick Trick heads, particularly the Magnum. Several close friends tried them last year and had similar results to what I mentioned with Strikers. Great flight and awesome blood trails.

You can't go wrong with either broadhead.

Tyler