Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Best Compound Bow For The Money >

Best Compound Bow For The Money

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Best Compound Bow For The Money

Old 05-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up Used Bows

I bought a used Mathews Bow,model FX for 250.00 set up and ready to go. After geting my draw length right and buying arrows and my release I went hunting and had my first Buck down in a few weeks. You don't have to spend a lot of money just starting out and can still have good equipment that gets the job done. If you like Bow hunting and are serious about upgrading later you can sell the used and buy new or a better used Bow later. If not then your will not loose your money trying to sell a high priced Bow shortly after you bought it. As has been said a lot of shops have used bows at the end of every season and some have good deals. Search the web you will find someone in your area I'm sure with a sweet deal. My Bow is 7 years or more old and it works just fine,I practice often and it is accurate enough to take any Deer up to 30 yards with good broadheads. Hoyt,PSE,Browning,Martin,Bow Tech and many others are all good Bows and there is plenty to choose from. My Mathews fits me perfect and is a great bow in the tree stand or blind and its easy to maintain being a one cam bow. Good Luck and Good Hunting!
Old 05-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by kevroyhunt
I'm just starting to hunt this year and i have a rifle but i'd like to do some bowhunting, in your opinions, what are te best bows for the money? im looking in the 3-450 dollar range. thanks
read deerfear.com's articles before you buy, guys crazy but makes perfectly good sense. I'm making it my life's ambition to let people know about this site, it's like Glenn Beck re-incarnated.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Spike

Smile looking for good bow at a good price

I think you should look at the Quest line of bows Hammer is 399.00 and is a great looking bow you can get three different kamo colors or in all black, has everything you need in a quality bow.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:34 AM
Spike

As per my experience SAS Scorpii and Bear Archery Attitude are best to buy bow.
SAS Scorpii would cost you $124.99 whereas Bear Archery Attitude costs you $331(Approx).

Some of cons of SAS Scorpii and Bear Archery Attitude are -
Easily Adjustable Draw Length(19-29 inches)
Easy to carry due to a compact size.
An amazing option for hunting from a tree stand or a ground blind.

bestcompoundbowsreviews.com/best-compound-bow-money-reviews/
anchorthatpoint.com/sas-scorpii-30-55-compound-bow-review/

Read reviews of these bows via above links.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:30 AM
Spike

I've shot bear bows for the last 10 years and I've had zero issue's with their lower priced hunt ready bows. I've found it hard to spend $800 plus on a bow when a $400-$500 setup works just fine..
Old 10-16-2018, 09:37 AM
Spike

I've shot Matthews, Hoyt, Bear, and Mission bows. Luckily now it's extremely hard to get a bow that does not perform well as there are so many good options on the market. My advise is to go shoot different bows and see what feel the best for you.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:41 AM
Spike

Buy used. max 3 years old(tech moves so fast).
Research your ass off.
I like longer axle bows, 34 to 35 inch
maybe one data point, Hoyt Spyder, and carbon series.
I would't buy a new $450 bow
Old 10-08-2020, 04:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

IMO the best crossbow for the money is the Centerpoint Sniper series. I currently have 2 of them. One for myself and the other for my grandson. These bows are exceptionally accurate won't break your wallet at well inder $300. Some of the prices some companies,are charging for their crossbows is down right robbery
Edit: Sorry buddy I misread the topic.
Mission bows are nice and don't overlook Martin. A lot of people rave about PSE too. I had one and it shot well and felt good but something about it wasn't quite right. I ended up gettin a Mathews Chill and I reall like it.

Last edited by bronko22000; 10-08-2020 at 07:09 AM.