Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Custom bow grip searching.. >

Custom bow grip searching..

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Custom bow grip searching..

Old 03-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

Arrow Custom bow grip searching..

I'm trying to find a type of "cushioning" bow grip I could put on my bow handle. Something cushioning, yet secure. Maybe like a tempur-pedic type idea, but obviously not actually using that specific material. Something that like said above, has a nice comforting and cushioning grip to it, yet won't slip around in my hand too much and I can keep it held very steady. I may have to get creative and come up with something myself, because all I see is the tentacle wrap and tape wrap, aside from other wooden handles. Thanks for any help guys!
Old 03-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

I guess what I'm looking for is a wrap-type grip that has a consistency of something like neoprene, but maybe a little softer without being too soft. It's ok if it widens my grip a little. the handle on my bowtech guardian is a little thin anyways
Old 03-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Nevermind gentlemen, I've found exactly what I'm looking for. Here's what it is incase anyone is interested!

Gonna wrap my handle with this adhesive neoprene wrap --> http://www.eders.com/products/cir-cu...r-pad-2pk.html

Then wrap the entire thing with some camo wrap tape. Whichever camp tape feels the most comfortable. Thanks for looking gentlemen!
Old 03-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

The only thing on the market that comes to mind is made by I believe "LimbSaver" and its rubber-type wrap that goes around your grip.. I had one on my last bow because I was not in favor of the grip and it seemed to do the trick.. It also helps with the vibration in the handle.. It sounds like you are looking for something that may be a little softer but this is more comfortable then the wooded handle.. Just a thought..
Old 03-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by diamondrack
The only thing on the market that comes to mind is made by I believe "LimbSaver" and its rubber-type wrap that goes around your grip.. I had one on my last bow because I was not in favor of the grip and it seemed to do the trick.. It also helps with the vibration in the handle.. It sounds like you are looking for something that may be a little softer but this is more comfortable then the wooded handle.. Just a thought..
thank you for the reply tho, but if you look at the the link i posted above, i found a pretty promising looking neoprene grip that I'm gonna use as a base, then wrap over that with a comfortable camo grip tape. I've seen the tentacle and rubber wraps you're talking about and i just don't think it'd feel too good for my preference. once again, thanks for you help. it's appreciated
Old 03-16-2010, 07:17 AM
Spike

Here is an idea go to a bike shop (high end) they have a huge assortment of handle bar wraps in every type of material, color and thickness
Old 03-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by azle
Here is an idea go to a bike shop (high end) they have a huge assortment of handle bar wraps in every type of material, color and thickness
never thought of that. I really like that idea. thanks!
Old 03-23-2010, 09:15 AM
Spike

Default Custom!?

I make custom knifes in my spare time, soon i will make a custom grip for my bow. There are thousands of materials out there from wood to rubber, looking forward to my custom handle. here are a couple knives I have made, handle material comes in many different sizes and can be molded any way you like.
Attached Thumbnails Custom bow grip searching..-bary-s-knives-002.jpg   Custom bow grip searching..-bary-s-knives-004.jpg  
Old 03-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by azle
I make custom knifes in my spare time, soon i will make a custom grip for my bow. There are thousands of materials out there from wood to rubber, looking forward to my custom handle. here are a couple knives I have made, handle material comes in many different sizes and can be molded any way you like.
those are some fantastic looking knives!
Old 03-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

If the wrap you found doesn't work for ya, I've heard of people using the stuff they wrap tennis racket handles with for their grip with really good results. Just an idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.