Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Adjustable yardage single pin sight >

Adjustable yardage single pin sight

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Adjustable yardage single pin sight

Old 06-13-2003, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Adjustable yardage single pin sight

Has anyone done any testing on the best working and brightest fiber optic single pin adjustable yardage sight i.e. the new tru-glo, impact omega xl, hha sports optimiser lite 5000, cobra easy slide, vital bow gear' s proslide etc....
Old 06-13-2003, 12:08 PM

Default RE: Adjustable yardage single pin sight

Hi Geronimo, I don' t know if anybody has done any testing on single pin sights but I asked a similiar question on ( 1 pin sights) on this forum. I recieved several answers and it seemed that Impact Archery products are pretty popular. I am going with the Impact Archery Cosmic sight for my hunting rig. good luck
Old 06-13-2003, 05:19 PM

I use the Impact cosmic and like it. The ring and pin are fine, but I think the slide sytem on the cobra and hha are better. All in all, not that much better to offset the brightness and ease of use and setup for me though. The VBG interests me, but I won' t be taking my comic off unless something drastic happens.
Old 06-13-2003, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Cobra now has a " wrapped" fiber pin, like the Cosmic, I think that it is called the EZ Slide Extreme. I have the regular EZ Slide, with the green fiber optic pin, and it is plenty bright for me.
Charlie
Old 06-14-2003, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

Haven' t tried any but my buddy has both (Cosmic and Optimizer) in his shop. The Comic does seem brighter but this was because it was a larger diameter fiber optic. The HHA seemed almost as bright but with a smaller diameter fiber optic. I would think this smaller " pin" would allow better aiming, more focused. The HHA also seemed slightly better made. I was going to get the Cosmic (and still may) but want to see the Cobras he' s getting in.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

I have a couple of the HHA sites, and they are awesome. Really bright, but the small diameter does not cause any " halo" effect over the target.
Old 06-16-2003, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the HHA Optimizer lite 5000 and couldn' t be happier with it! The HHA sights are very durable and dependable!