Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Scentblocker?

Old 01-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default Scentblocker?

Does anyone here have any of the Scent Blocker clothing? and if so what are your takes on it. I have the base layers and was going to get a 2nd and 3rd layer for this coming year just wanted some input
Old 03-08-2010, 06:46 AM
Spike

I have scent blocker summer suit. It's the real tree road trips not bad it's not for cold weather just bow hunting. My uncle has the dream season and loves it. I don't think they are very heavy and warm thought. Are you looking for a winter suit if so I recommend bow hunter extream from cabelas really warm and can bow hunt in it.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

I also have the base layer, which I love.. My main suit is the Scent Blocker XLT, this is an excellent suit.. In Michigan we can have temps that range from 10/15 degrees to 70/80 degrees so I wanted a suit that could cover both extremes. When it is cold I have underarmor over my base layer and under my main suit, it keeps me just warm enough for those cold nov/dec mornings and in the early season i just wear my base layer and main suit.. To be honest, I would go in the woods without my bow before I would leave my scent blocker at home.. Its important to take every measure to keep your suit scent-free as possible (proper cleaning/scent-free sprayer/scent-free storage).. I would highly recommend this product (Scent Blocker XLT)..
Old 03-18-2010, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

i personally have 2 complete sets 1 for early archery and another for rifle and late season. i love them.. extremely comfortable to wear.. heard some people complain about lack of waterproofing.. but i havent had any problems.. the removeable shepra fleece is awesome for those cold mornings.. all in all besides my bow best money i ever spend on anything that had to do with hunting
Old 03-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

Very discussed topic.... But I believe that scent control for your clothing is more important than scent control in your clothing.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

I wear Kings Camo
It does not have the exact brand "Scent Blocker"TM
on it but it has a special lining to block scent
It works wonderfull
Got within 20 Yards of 3 moose 2 of which were bulls did'nt even notice me!