Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
sights for a ground blind? >

sights for a ground blind?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

sights for a ground blind?

Old 01-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default sights for a ground blind?

Let me start by saying that I just purchased a ground blind. I only sat in it a couple of times but noticed the first few minutes of daylight and the last few minutes of daylight I couldn't see my sights. That got me thinking, What is the best sights for a ground blind? I am not wanting to spend a fortune. I have looked at a lot of them and just can't tell without trying them out. So I am wondering if any of you hunt from a ground blind and what sights do you use?
Old 01-24-2010, 04:51 AM
Fork Horn

I also hunt from a ground blind,and have used two different sights with good results. I prefer singe pin sights and the TRU-GLO RANGE ROVER with the tritium pin is awesome in low light or no light, I can see my pin in total darkness,I also use the HHA OL 5500 it has 5 feet on fiber optic to give great low light performance but it is a bit pricey.

If cost is a factor and you like the sight you have check out TRU-GLO's web site and look, you may be able to buy a TRITIUM pin for the sight you have,and like I said they can be seen in total darkness.
Hope this will help.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks. I use a tru-glo sight right now, so I am going to call and make sure I get the right one. Thanks again
Old 01-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting out of blacked out ground blinds is what got me to buy my HHA 5500, and it does work great in that application. I used a Trophy Ridge in-line 5 pin sight before it, and it was worthless in the ground blind.