HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   drop aways (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/315205-drop-aways.html)

treboryerf 01-17-2010 06:18 PM

drop aways

I'm thinking of going back to a drop away arrow rest and was hoping you guys could give me some insight on some of the best rest that are on the market now,I currently shoot with a wb rest on a bowtech commander.What I'm looking for in a dropaway is one that is simple,reliable,quiet did i say quiet,and full arrow containement would be nice cause over the past few years shooting the wb i have become a little spoiled.please give me your opinions based on your personal esperience and let me know what you liked and disliked about each rest you would recommand i look at.Thanks in advance.

diamondrack 01-18-2010 02:40 PM

i have had a few different drop aways, I am current waiting for the arrival my new rip-cord code red drop away.. Check out the website or google it, I like the idea of it and the dependability of the model...

elkmtngear 01-18-2010 03:13 PM

I was at the ATA Show, and was talking to the guy at Trophy Taker..I shoot fingers, and asked him if it was true about drop away rests and fingers, and he said, "Absolutely, only use a drop away if you use a release".

So, I guess I'll stick to the whisker biscuit for now. But the new drop aways from Trophy Taker did look pretty cool.

Best of Luck,
Jeff

chasenthebigone 01-18-2010 05:15 PM

QAD all the way. It preforms flawless. Both of my Mathews shoot over 280 fps and I have zero issues.

treboryerf 01-18-2010 05:50 PM

will the qad come up while drawing the bow or does it have to be raised manually.

JoeA 01-18-2010 06:09 PM

I put an NAP Freedom rest on one of my bows. Nice, and small, but the prongs were dragging on the Blazer vanes on my arrows. (ST Epics, 400). After a little while, the left prong broke off from the wear. NAP sent me a replacement piece, but I'm not comfortable with the interference.

A good friend really liked the QAD. Personally, I'm thinking a new biscuit may be the way to go.

ARMallardSlayer 01-18-2010 06:11 PM

I shot a cheap one this season to see if I liked it or not......now I'm looking to get a ripcord.

MOhunter46 01-19-2010 05:50 AM

Get a Limbdriver. It the best out there IMO.

chasenthebigone 01-19-2010 08:03 PM

Yes QAD does come up with a draw cycle and then stays there after full draw. It locks into place so in case of a let down it is ****ed and ready to rock. Check it out. At my archery shop I am lucky and can try anything off the shelf without buying... I have and did. QAD is top shelf.

cartman308 01-19-2010 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by MOhunter46 (Post 3558036)
Get a Limbdriver. It the best out there IMO.

I second this. By far the easiest drop away to install and tune on the market. Plus it doesn't put any pressure on your cables which could lead to tuning issues.