Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

drop aways

Old 01-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

I Agree with the people about the QAD its a great rest, I personally prefered the rip-cord but that is my preference.. Now the Limbdiver I have to say is something that I would NEVER put on my bow.. It may be a great rest but i just don't like the thought of it and the set-up of it.. I believe In confindence when your talking in terms of good shooting and I think the limbdriver would make me wonder... Once again just my opinion...
Old 01-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Watch this video,

http://www.qadinc.com/c-5-.aspx

That is why I chose QAD.

While you are there, go to the home page and watch the Waddell commercial. That one cracks me up everytime.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SaintHubert
Watch this video,

http://www.qadinc.com/c-5-.aspx

That is why I chose QAD.

While you are there, go to the home page and watch the Waddell commercial. That one cracks me up everytime.
Yea i've seen that vid,and I like all the features on the qad was just wondering if they live up to their billing.I also like the concept of the limbdriver with the sting attached to to limb insted of the cables but you can't lock the launcher in the up position and there is no full arrow containment,the ripcord has all the features of the qad except the launcher won't stay up if you have to let ur bow down if you don't shoot,right now I am leaning either toward the ripcord or the qad.just want to hear from hunters that have actually used some of these rest.How noisy are these rest?
Old 01-22-2010, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by diamondrack
I Agree with the people about the QAD its a great rest, I personally prefered the rip-cord but that is my preference.. Now the Limbdiver I have to say is something that I would NEVER put on my bow.. It may be a great rest but i just don't like the thought of it and the set-up of it.. I believe In confindence when your talking in terms of good shooting and I think the limbdriver would make me wonder... Once again just my opinion...
Im not bustin your chops or anything but im just curious, what your beef with the LD? And for the orginal poster, you can get a full containment arm for the LD so containment is not an issue. Just throwing that out there
Old 01-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

I have been using the rip cord for a few years now,and I think it is one of the best on the market.I have had zero problems with this rest,and they have great customer service,I needed to replace the cord on mine to install on my new bow and was sent the cord and new hardware for free! awsome!
I also like the qad and if my rip cord were to fail I would consider one of them.
But I do have one concern with them,when you watch the video of how it will only drop when shot,the one let down is very abrupt and the rest don't drop,so has anyone had one fail to drop when shot? Just a question I would like to know,anything mechanical can fail and I geuss the same thing could happen to any drop-away but with the qad im just worried that theres more mechanics involved then there is with other drop-aways! Just my question so has anyone ever had that happen??
Old 01-23-2010, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wvnimrod
I have been using the rip cord for a few years now,and I think it is one of the best on the market.I have had zero problems with this rest,and they have great customer service,I needed to replace the cord on mine to install on my new bow and was sent the cord and new hardware for free! awsome!
I also like the qad and if my rip cord were to fail I would consider one of them.
But I do have one concern with them,when you watch the video of how it will only drop when shot,the one let down is very abrupt and the rest don't drop,so has anyone had one fail to drop when shot? Just a question I would like to know,anything mechanical can fail and I geuss the same thing could happen to any drop-away but with the qad im just worried that theres more mechanics involved then there is with other drop-aways! Just my question so has anyone ever had that happen??
On the qad the rest is supposed to stay up when the bow is let down. But it falls when fired.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MOhunter46
On the qad the rest is supposed to stay up when the bow is let down. But it falls when fired.
I know that it drops only when fired,but I i'm wondering if anyone has had one fail to do so,I don't know how the velocity drop system works and would like to know if there has been any failiars with it?
On my rip cord at full draw if I ease up I can tell that the lancher is ready to drop when fired,but with the Qad you can't tell because it only drops when fired.Just wondering!
Old 01-25-2010, 08:57 AM
Spike

I run them on both my z7 and reezen... hunt a lot and shoot indoors during off season about 250 arrows a week. No failure in 3 years of using them.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Spike

Default Rest

I use a cheap trophy taker it is nice and quite and very simple to tune
Old 02-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

The QAD is an awesome rest. In fact, its been the fallaway that I've placed on ALL my rigs in the past few seasons. Both my Hoyts and Mathews have performed flawlessly with 'em. I don't think there is a better choice!

Here's my latest rig to wear the QAD, my Z7

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.