Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
What do you feel is more important in a rangefinder? >

What do you feel is more important in a rangefinder?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What do you feel is more important in a rangefinder?

Old 01-14-2010, 07:27 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by RacHunter
I live in Flatwoods but I do not hunt here. I grew up in Wyoming County. I do most all of my deer hunting in Wyoming County and a little bit of hunting in Boone County.
Wyoming county is not that steep. How did we ever get the job done before arc?

Old 01-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Spike

for under 300 the luepold rx 2 is what I have and it has true ballistic for different rifle calibers and bow set ups to for arc works well in bad conditions and low light.tons of features to make it fit you and your hunting situation.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:03 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Wyoming county is not that steep. How did we ever get the job done before arc?
Wyoming County is not that steep........that tells me you have never hunted Wyoming County.

If you will read my post above I tried to explain some of the situations that a ARC rangefinder is useful. If you would not benefit from that type of rangefinder in the area you hunt thats fine, you do not have to use one. I'm just trying to share my experience and maybe save someone from missing or wounding a deer.
We got along just fine before ARC but don't we owe it to the game we hunt to be as accurate as possible? The indians got along fine with long bows, does that mean we should not us compounds? That makes not sense at all.

Someone should tell this deer to stop walking like that.....its not that steep in Wyoming county.

Last edited by RacHunter; 01-15-2010 at 04:08 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:09 AM
bigcountry

Wyoming County is not that steep........that tells me you have never hunted Wyoming County.
If you will read my post above I tried to explain some of the situations that a ARC rangefinder is useful.

Someone should tell this deer to stop walking like that.....its not that steep in Wyoming county.
Well, sure you can put yourself in that situation to hunt on a hillside, but who does that? Deer are just like humans, they will take the easy route too. Most of us who grew up and lived in Southern WV hunts bowls, sets up the edge of loggin roads, hilltop crossings.

If you are missing and wounding deer because you didn't have ARC, you got more problems.

So you really believe pineville is such different terrain than Logan, Mingo, Wayne couties?

Last edited by bigcountry; 01-15-2010 at 04:11 AM.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:16 AM
Fork Horn

Well, sure you can put yourself in that situation to hunt on a hillside, but who does that? Deer are just like humans, they will take the easy route too. Most of us who grew up and lived in Southern WV hunts bowls, sets up the edge of loggin roads, hilltop crossings.

If you are missing and wounding deer because you didn't have ARC, you got more problems.

So you really believe pineville is such different terrain than Logan, Mingo, Wayne couties?
Your comments again just prove that you do not know the area I hunt. I do not hunt the Pineville area and I do not know how steep it is over there, I only know the area that I have hunted for years and I also know it holds some very nice bucks.
I gave you a good example of a situation whe ARC is useful and you just want to argue about how steep it is where I hunt. I do not get it.

Did you even read my post? I never said at any point that I was missing or wounding deer. Where did you get that?

Last edited by RacHunter; 01-15-2010 at 04:53 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:43 AM
Fork Horn

If you will read my post above I tried to explain some of the situations that a ARC rangefinder is useful. If you would not benefit from that type of rangefinder in the area you hunt thats fine, you do not have to use one. I'm just trying to share my experience and maybe save someone from missing or wounding a deer.
We got along just fine before ARC but don't we owe it to the game we hunt to be as accurate as possible? The indians got along fine with long bows, does that mean we should not us compounds? That makes not sense at all.

I will agree that there are situations where ARC is usefull,but unless that mountian side is all you have to hunt, with good scouting you would be able to find a more BOW friendly set up!(ie,cut them off at the pass so to speak)

And MO like it or NOT, shooting a deer at that kind of angle is NOT a good shot with a BOW,nor is a sharp angle shot from a flatland set up(ie.shooting straight down),you do not have a good angle to both lungs at those angles.

And to somethings up you prefer ARC,OK we got it but I only wanted your opinion and you gave it NOW less move on! thanks!
Old 01-15-2010, 06:44 AM
bigcountry

Here's the part that bothers me. First, the idea that you have to have something to be successful. Second, I have trouble with ARC's accuracy. I never have trouble with laser only accuracy. For ARC to be accurate, the horizontial level has to be dead nuts on. First bushnell ARC sucked, I took it back. Ever since then been salty on it.

If I ever got it again, i would put it thru the paces. More imporant to me is water proofness and clairty.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:47 AM
bigcountry

Your comments again just prove that you do not know the area I hunt. I do not hunt the Pineville area and I do not know how steep it is over there, I only know the area that I have hunted for years and I also know it holds some very nice bucks.
I gave you a good example of a situation whe ARC is useful and you just want to argue about how steep it is where I hunt. I do not get it.

Did you even read my post? I never said at any point that I was missing or wounding deer. Where did you get that?
Listen man, if you feel like you need all this garbage to get the job done, go for it. I myself do not.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by wvnimrod
I will agree that there are situations where ARC is usefull,but unless that mountian side is all you have to hunt, with good scouting you would be able to find a more BOW friendly set up!(ie,cut them off at the pass so to speak)

And MO like it or NOT, shooting a deer at that kind of angle is NOT a good shot with a BOW,nor is a sharp angle shot from a flatland set up(ie.shooting straight down),you do not have a good angle to both lungs at those angles.

And to somethings up you prefer ARC,OK we got it but I only wanted your opinion and you gave it NOW less move on! thanks!
The mountain side is not all I have to hunt. It is where I choose to hunt because of the large bucks and zero hunting pressure. Big bucks go where most people don't, thats why I hunt there.
As far as the angle goes I explained in a earlier post that it is the same angle as shooting a deer from 25 feet up a tree and the deer being 12 yards from the base of the tree, that is not a bad angle.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

Listen man, if you feel like you need all this garbage to get the job done, go for it. I myself do not.
All that garbage?

How does a rangefinder equal... "all that garbage"?

Its just a rangefinder and if it helps me be more accurate with my shots I think it would be a mistake to NOT use it.

First, the idea that you have to have something to be successful.
I have no idea what you mean by that.

Last edited by RacHunter; 01-15-2010 at 11:34 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.