Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Product bashing ?????

Old 01-03-2010, 05:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default Product bashing ?????

I am new to these forums and after reading alot of threads,I have just ONE question,Is it just me,But it seams to me there is alot of PRODUCT BASHING on here! I have read several threads where someone will bash a product, and you can tell, or they will tell you that they have never used it but they think it is crap??? How can you put down something you havn't even tried for yourself???? I like to hear what you guys have to say about you personal experience with a product,I also have made post on my personal experience with some products! But I will not put down something that I have had NO experience with,and I WILL NOT try to steer someone to use what I use!
We all have our personal opinions,and they are just that opinions,for what works for me may not work for you! And to try and persuade someone to use something just because you use it is WRONG!! Lets help each other out with GOOD advise based on EXPERIENCE not PREFERENCE!!
I know that in the 30+ years I have had the addiction equipment prices have went thru the roof,and we all work hard for our $$ and need to make good decisions based on facts and experiences not preference!
My piont is when someone ask if anyone has tried a product and ask what you think, DON"T respond if you havn't used it, just to tell them what you use,THATS NOT WHAT THEY ASKED!!!!!
And if I have ever done that I would like to APOLOGIZE!!!

PS.Or do we just have alot of product reps. on here!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

There is not nearly the problem here as there is on another board

As far as making recommendations. I research a product before I buy it, see what others that have used it say about it. Look at construction, materials, etc. I use that to base my opinion on a product that I have not used. I will always state that this is not through personal experience, rather after reading reviews, vids, and research.

Archery equipment is about confidence. If you don't have 100% confidence in any piece of equipment I wouldn't use it. No matter what others say about it. I finally decided to give a mechanical a try this year and was pleased with it. But it took me a looooong time to find one I was comfortable trying.

Your gonna have opinions from "experts" everywhere. I'm far from an expert and try to make sure people know I'm not trying to be.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

The sad thing about product bashing on the forums is thatyou may 100 guys tha absolutely lov a product but will never say anything about it.... however, 1 single screwball hasbad luck with something and this jerk will make it a point to bas the prduct and the company on several forums.... every chance he gets! Pathetic!
Old 01-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

There's one basher for every 10 "It's the best ever! Here have some more koolaid". It's only certain products that get ugly and for good reasons often. The koolaid was flowing and the products flying off the shelves and then the sugar turned sour because the product wasn't all that and more.

Then again these boards are filled with people selling things and they just do it to get more market share. (clothing/bows/broadheads often come under this catagory)

Get some time on these boards under your belt and you'll see what I'm talking about. All of the products that get bashed deserve some of it. I pay attention to it.

Stick around a pay attention, you'll pick up on who's selling what. Kind of funny.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
The sad thing about product bashing on the forums is thatyou may 100 guys tha absolutely lov a product but will never say anything about it.... however, 1 single screwball hasbad luck with something and this jerk will make it a point to bas the prduct and the company on several forums.... every chance he gets! Pathetic!
So True!!

Dan
Old 01-04-2010, 07:34 PM
bigcountry

I still don't understand brand loyalty. These companys will screw you every step of the way. And could care less about you, the customer. If they have to defend a product, so be it. If they have to put out recalls because they put out defective products and knew it, so be it.

People are so jaded these days that if a companies customer service will talk to you, and be nice, they are happy. What happen to the days of "the best company is the one I never have to test out thier warranties".

These companies have hunters looking like a freakin joke out there. They have convinced us to wear thier hats, and shirts, even put stupid logos on our trucks. For free. Now thats pathetic.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default Often consider the source

I know alot of you. Cornfed always gives an honest review and even if he doesnt like something. Thats not bashing. Thats his opionion and allthough I may not agree with him. I do appreciate him taking time to say something.

I really apprecite honesty and often we hear all the good. I wonder if these guys just post all good all the time.

I can often see a product and see its fault without shooting it.

Years ago you never got honest reviews before the net. Bought crap and was stuck with it. I often read reviews and then read all the guys others posts as well to see if he seems to have good knowledge of all hunting.
DB
Old 01-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default Interesting

Originally Posted by bigcountry
I still don't understand brand loyalty. These companys will screw you every step of the way. And could care less about you, the customer. If they have to defend a product, so be it. If they have to put out recalls because they put out defective products and knew it, so be it.

People are so jaded these days that if a companies customer service will talk to you, and be nice, they are happy. What happen to the days of "the best company is the one I never have to test out thier warranties".

These companies have hunters looking like a freakin joke out there. They have convinced us to wear thier hats, and shirts, even put stupid logos on our trucks. For free. Now thats pathetic.

I have never wore anyones product that I didnt shoot or hunt with. I also wont shoot for anyone whos customer service wont take the time to fix a promblem. So if we find a product we truly believe is the best for us and display it we are a joke. Please inform which company has screwed you over! I have only shot three bow manufactuers in 25years. Never shot but one sight CBE. Basicly have shot Trophy taker rests for years because I truly believe there good products. I attend the ATA and do see and read others opionions on all products. I realize there others out there and often comment on other brands as well. Pretty strong words pathetic.
DB
Old 01-04-2010, 07:59 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by OklaBowhunter
I have never wore anyones product that I didnt shoot or hunt with. I also wont shoot for anyone whos customer service wont take the time to fix a promblem. So if we find a product we truly believe is the best for us and display it we are a joke. Please inform which company has screwed you over! I have only shot three bow manufactuers in 25years. Never shot but one sight CBE. Basicly have shot Trophy taker rests for years because I truly believe there good products. I attend the ATA and do see and read others opionions on all products. I realize there others out there and often comment on other brands as well. Pretty strong words pathetic.
DB
Are they paying you to wear that stuff? Who does it benefit for you to wear that stuff?

You know for the last 25 years, I have wore harley davidson shirts. Always defended HD. I was brand loyal to even fighting. One day, it just occured to me how pathetic I was wearing this garbage. I still ride and hopefully will til I die. But unless HD is going to kick a discount to me or at least give me the shirt I am giving them thier free advertisment, I refuse to buy another shirt. Now, I do have well over 100 shirts from all over the world. But I have not bought another in years. HD left hundreds of riders paying out of pocket for cam bearings falling apart in 99-2000. I had one of these. It took a class action lawsuit and a few wrecks for them to fix this problem. And still they only gave an extended warranty.

I have owned a bunch of em. Bowtech, PSE, bear, Mathews, Martin, widow, hoyt. I only know of one bow company that cares about their customers. Its Bill Dunn from Zippers. Rest could care less. I refuse to support them. Hey if you want to send them hard earned money for free, basically what your doing with free advertisment, go for it. Your money, I don't make it for you.

You might not believe this, but they teach people getting MBA's about brand loyalty and free advertising.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Yes I am sponsored by them

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Are they paying you to wear that stuff? Who does it benefit for you to wear that stuff?

You know for the last 25 years, I have wore harley davidson shirts. Always defended HD. I was brand loyal to even fighting. One day, it just occured to me how pathetic I was wearing this garbage. I still ride and hopefully will til I die. But unless HD is going to kick a discount to me or at least give me the shirt I am giving them thier free advertisment, I refuse to buy another shirt. Now, I do have well over 100 shirts from all over the world. But I have not bought another in years. HD left hundreds of riders paying out of pocket for cam bearings falling apart in 99-2000. I had one of these. It took a class action lawsuit and a few wrecks for them to fix this problem. And still they only gave an extended warranty.

I have owned a bunch of em. Bowtech, PSE, bear, Mathews, Martin, widow, hoyt. I only know of one bow company that cares about their customers. Its Bill Dunn from Zippers. Rest could care less. I refuse to support them. Hey if you want to send them hard earned money for free, basically what your doing with free advertisment, go for it. Your money, I don't make it for you.

You might not believe this, but they teach people getting MBA's about brand loyalty and free advertising.

I am sponsored by them. But it certianly never stops me from giving honest reviews about many products. But for someone to put a Mossy Oak sticker/Realtre on the truck. I feel is a good way to support hunting and hunters. If you shoot a Bowtech be proud of the bow you choose. Hunters need to show there proud to be a hunter and there no better way than to show a remington or Mathews sticker on your truck. Hoyt and Mathews both have good customer service. Work in a bow shop enough and you will learn folks want everthing warrantied from dry fires to leaving the bow in Hot vehicle. I shoot for Elite and they warranty all used Elite bows. You can buy a used bow and get it registered. Now thats pretty much amazing. Never had anyone not get helped from calling them. By the way nothing wrong with a Harley or wearing there stuff.
DB

PS
I never bought a product because someone placed it on there truck. But I am proud of hunters who arent afraid to show it.

Last edited by OklaBowhunter; 01-04-2010 at 08:21 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.