Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Why are stores dropping Bear bows? >

Why are stores dropping Bear bows?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Why are stores dropping Bear bows?

Old 12-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default Why are stores dropping Bear bows?

I've now heard of a few local stores not carrying Bear bows for 2010. I know they went through changes, I would have suspected they were good changes. I asked the guy at the store and he said something to the effect of "they changed design crews and management and we don't like the direction they're going in"

I know looks don't tell you much and until people start getting these bows in their hands you can't tell how they shoot but why is there so much apprehension?
Old 12-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was talking to the owner of a shop i go to some and he said he was dropping bear because their customer service sucked. He said calling them for warranty work was like trying to pull teeth.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:26 AM
Typical Buck

In my area Bear bows don't sell well. They are nice bows for sure but for some reason they just don't sell.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

IMO,alot of people always looked at BEAR as a starter bow and kinda marketed themselves that way,and never kept up with the way the market was heading, I think they aways had a quality bow,just lower prices and for some reason people always seem to think cheap price meens cheap product!but that is not always the case!And now that they have some good looking bows costing as much as $800 people still look at them as a starter bow and wouldn't spend that kinda $$ on one, I hope that people will start giving them a look,I'd hate to see one of the longest standing archery companys fade away! Try things before you make your OPINION,you may find something that you other wise wouldn't have!
Old 12-31-2009, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

I have a fred bear g2 I love it
Old 12-31-2009, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by scribbler444
I have a fred bear g2 I love it
My son has a Showdown and I think its a great bow, shoots great,Thats why I think people should look before they judge! they have some really nice bows! But I think alot of people don't even give them a chance!
Old 12-31-2009, 03:14 PM
G92
Fork Horn

i heard from a local dealer there customer service is crap,
Old 01-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

the "made in china" sticker i see on them is not helping things.......
Old 01-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm actually shocked that anyone would need to ask why stores don't carry Bear products ?!? I mean, the point of carrying ANY equipment line is to MAKE MONEY.... and I know even the original poster couldn't possibly visit anywhere where there were many folks shooting Bear. They just don't sell... maybe 20 years ago but certainly not today.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Spike

Im with most everybody else, they had been around forever and every bear bow I have had, has given good service. They have always made great hunting bows, speed not so much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.