Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Favorite Broadhead

Old 11-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Favorite Broadhead

I am new to this forum so forgive me if this thread has been on before. But I was wondering what you gentlemen consider your favorite broadhead. I have been archery hunting for a long time now (over 40 years) - long before compounds were invented, and have used many different types and have taken deer and other game with them. Some of you old timers may remember the Hilbre. (took my first deer with one of those things). I've also used Bear razorheads, Rothaar Snuffers, Wasps, Thunderhead, Muzzy 4 blade and 3 blade and lately I have been using the Magnus Stingers. Except for the Stingers, every broadhead I used required some minor sight adjustment when switching from field tips. But the Stingers did not. They hit the same POI as my field tips out to 50 yds. Although not the strongest broadhead, like the G5, they were strong enough to pass through a bull bison and wild boar.
Now I personally have no desire to use a mechanical broadhead. Nothing against them, I just prefer not to use them.
So what do you guys consider the best out there?
Old 11-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

My personal favs are:

Fixed: G5 Striker

Mech: Rage 2 blade
Old 11-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

You should check out Slick Tricks. I used to be a Thunderhead man and had good luck with them, but always had to tweak the sights a little after using field tips. Not so with the Slick Tricks, they fly as advertised like field points. Slick Tricks 100 magnums are 4 bladed, extremely sharp and durable, they did a number on the 2 bucks that I took with them, 1 of them straight down through the spine and through the heart and the blades still looked great.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

Well, for penetrating bone one wouuld want a two blade, I suppose. For maximum cutting, I suppose a 4 blade. Does this make the bear razorhead the best broadhead? How does a razorhead perform on a paunch shot?
Old 11-29-2009, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

My long time favorite is the NAP, 125 gr. Thunderhead. In all my years of bowhunting, this broadhead has always performed well.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite is a sharp one. Dosent matter what it is, put it in the right spot and it will kill.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

Slick Tricks, is there really anything else!? All steel construction, how many heads can say that? Replaceable blades, but thick enough (.035) that blades can be resharpened. Four blades that interlock with each other, that unless you put them in a vise and hit them with a hammer, the blades will not come out, or move. A three pack is less money than most out there. I have shot these through dozens of bows that I set up and get great flight out of all of them. I do not have the worry when shooting at any animal whether the blades will deploy or not. The blades are german Solenger mfged, so they are razor sharp out of the package. I could go on but you get the picture, now get some st.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sure do like the Montec's.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default im with u bronko!

Stingers have done well by me for a long time
Old 12-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Spike

shot muzzys for years got caught up in the rage hype and am now a tru beleiver, i got a buddy that swears by the rocky mountain snipers though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.