Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

slick tricks

Old 11-11-2009, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default slick tricks

I just tuned my broadheads, slick trick magnums, 125gr.
That is to say, I just shot them, there was no need to reset anything. They fly like my fieldpoints up to 35yards.
funny little detail; I used a crooked arrow a FMJ Easton 400spine to hold my foam target. One of the slick tricks hit the shaft behind the target and cut the arrow right in two.
I checked the head and the arrow and they were fine.
Ow and use a tool to unscrew the slick tricks they are sharp, trust me, I have a bandaged thumb and index finger now....

F.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your finger and thumb must look like mine!
Old 11-11-2009, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

Makes me feel a whole lot better, knowing I'm not the only jackass on HNI
Old 11-11-2009, 08:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I got myself too... pulling arrow from target and scraped up my forearm!
Old 11-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Spike

Default Sharp.... and....

They fly where your target points go. I have had no problems with the last three years results.
Gave my friend the heads up and he bought a set, called an hour after he got home to tell me how sharp they are..... as he was trying to stop his thumb and finger from bleeding. He shoots a pile every year and has had no issues either. A great head.

WMASS,
I grew up in Deerfield. Boy do I miss the big valley, but I think I have a few more deer running around here over the line in CT.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

I have managed to keep from cutting myself so far with them but I have a friend cut himself and did not even know it until the blood started dripping. Slick Tricks are the best.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've used Slick Tricks since 03. They are the Best replaceable head Broadhead I've used in over 40 years of Bowhunting.

Tough, Great flight, Cut Awesome holes, and Super Sharp!! What else could you ask for?

Dan
Old 12-16-2009, 05:46 PM
Spike

I just started shooting slick tricks and am not completely sold on them.they dont seem to get the same pentitration as the montechs.I shot a doe at about seventeen yards,hit thre oppisit shoulder and stopped.I have made similer shots with the montechs and had them pass thru.having said that -I think that the tricks open a better hole. so what is best?
Old 12-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Spike

Default Slick Tricks 125 gr. mag.

Never been cut with mine...handle with care. These have been the Best heads I have ever used. Good blood trails. I have been bow hunting for 40 years. In Idaho we can only use fixed heads. I have tried many and will stay with these. I like the price too.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shot 4 deer this year w/ my ST Magnum 100s... Still don't know what I like better, STs or my old Crimson Talons. STs more durable, but i seem to have easier recoveries w/ Crimson Talons.
Both make em bleed good!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.