Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

what bow should i get?

Old 11-17-2009, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

Mathews z7 enough said
Old 11-17-2009, 07:24 AM
Spike

MATHEWS IS CRAP. Save your money for something worth more than what i can find for free in any compost pile!
Old 11-18-2009, 03:11 AM
Typical Buck

anyone who says mathews' is crap is obviously going to give you a completely biased and faulty opinion....i have stuck with mathews but always shoot at least one competitor and, to me, there is still no comparison. the z7 is super smooth and fast....typical mathews innovation
Old 11-18-2009, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I went with the Maxxis this yr,after shooting 5 rounds of 3 arrows thru each bow alternating between bows to get a better idea it came down to the Maxxis(could of fliped a coin).The Z7 shot very nice but what got me was the Z7 felt top heavy and had a bit more noise after the shot,both bows were set at 65lbs and the Maxxis had nothing on the string were the Z7 had the monkey tails,both had the New WB on from Trophy Ridge and shot the same arrow witch was the FMJ cut at 29 inch's with 100 gr FP's.....Every 3 shots I was compairing someting i.e balance,cam over,smothness of draw,release,hand shock,grip and how quite it was on release.....
Ive been shootin mathews for over 6yrs so change is good once in awhile,hopefully I made the right move..

Last edited by ranger56528; 11-18-2009 at 06:21 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

it depends on what you want to do hunt 3d shoot when you will want to upgrade how much money you want to spend and what you expect out of your bow the hoyt is a nice bow not to loud and real forgiving where as the mathews z7 is going to be a faster shooting bow not real much they kinda slowed down the z7 and put more of a hunting theam on it there all perty much good bows now days just have to know what your looking for the diff cam systems like your daul cam bows and timing where as ur cam and 1/2 you dont have to worry about that the possibiltys are endless good luck