Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Keeping Rangefinder handy???????? >

Keeping Rangefinder handy????????

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Keeping Rangefinder handy????????

Old 10-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default Keeping Rangefinder handy????????

What do you use to keep your rangefinder handy? I always keep mine in my pouch with my pouch open but I need something a bit more handy....like with my binoculars strapped to my chest on a bunge system or something????
Old 10-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

I sometimes electrical tape mine to the bino harness high on my shoulder so very little movement is needed to use it. Also the new HSS vest has a built in harness, so I'll clip the rangefinder to one side and binos on the other side (I use a small set of Nikon's) or also wear the normal to hold bigger binos.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:22 AM
Typical Buck

How handy do they need to be? I keep mine in the pocket of my safety system vest, but rarely use it more than once per hunt. I get settled, range several likely shot spots and make minor adjustments from there if needed. Seems to me that a RF hanging around your neck would be one more thing that can go wrong. I already dislike my binos hanging there, but do keep them there because I use them many times per hunt.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:26 AM
Spike

The best way that I have found is I tie the range finder on to a rope then put it over my head and under one arm. I leave it hanging under the arm I use to pull my bow back. It seems to always be out of the way and it is always easy to get to. The part I like is it works over Winter jackets and anything else you have on.....
Old 10-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

I use the same method as deernmusky. I can get at my rangefinder in a second and if necessary I can simply drop it and it will slide back under my arm. Aways available and at the ready if I need it.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

i wear an outter shirt with a pocket. put the string around my neck and put the bino's in my front upper pocket...it has worked thus far
Old 10-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Spike

i kinda do what navydeerhunter does.............i range things at the start of the hunt and go from there / if you want them close try the big side pockets on your hunting pants - easy to get to but out of the way also !?

Last edited by grahambow; 10-29-2009 at 12:09 PM.