Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Fred Bear Attack

Old 02-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Spike

So I recieved my attack today brand new in the box. Cant say anything about how it shoots because i'm sending it in for the 70 lb swap, but it feels great in my hand. Light, draws smooth and holds really nice. It put it right back in the box and am sending it out to bear tomorrow. Cant wait to get it back and start shooting. Reviews will follow.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:21 AM
Fork Horn

Can't wiat to hear how she does. The only bow I've owned is my Bear Instict. I had it since I bought it new in 2005 I believe. I still love it. I will be getting it restrung this weekend and should make it even better. I am not a fan of the newer grips, but other than that I would love to upgrade to an Attack bow given the chance and wouldn't hesitate to buy another Bear bow. The only other company that I think yields the same value and quality would be a Martin Bow.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

waiting to shoot the attack but no one has them yet! right now the Z7 has really impressed me and im a Bear fan! i will wait to shoot the bear and make sure i buy the bow that i like better.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aopqf...eature=related
Old 03-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Spike

I have also shot the attack. I thought it was a sweet bow. Small, Quiet and plenty fast. They might not be the most talked about, but they have some nice bows.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Spike

BEAR is UGLY AS HELL they are now tryin to make their Bows look the PSE and The Mathews Monter NOW haha they sure are the followers !!!
Old 03-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

lay off the Hateorade, proshopz. Theres no doubt which is the better looking bow.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mfd1027
I'm not really into looks but they sure look nice and I'd have to say that JeffB's semi-endorsement means something. He doesn't pull punches and he's definitely not a fan-boy of anyone. I can't wait to get my hands on one so I can run it through the pace's and make a decision for myself.

Dan
Agreed. I'm not about to NOT check one out. I thought his post was about the most helpful thing I've read on this bow yet.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:57 AM
Spike

If you think $750 is to much you can go on ebay and get a Bear Attack fully loaded with sight and 6 Carbon Arrows cut and bow set to poundage and draw for $750 with free shipping thats a great deal!
Old 06-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Spike

I purchased an Assault and am impressed. 60 lb limbs, set at 54 lbs. I did put grommets with zip ties as retainers to get the suppressors closer to the string, after lowering poundage. Draw length set up was an experiment also. 29 inch module, measured dl of 29 1/4ish. Moved draw stop to the 28 position, string to the + position, just right, shoots great. I did wrap the grip area with tennis racket tape.

This bow is light, quick, quiet and fun to shoot. Uses the same cam as the Attack, different limbs and riser?

I put some arrows through it before installing the peep. The strings appear stable, NO peep position change in approximately 500 shots.

2 garden terrosists have been eliminated - 15 and 24 yards, clean kills with a XX75 and judo point.

The bow was purchased from a shop on ebay for $549, whisker biscuit, sight, quiver and free shipping. I would have paid more locally, but no shops carried them. I did upgrade the quiver to the model one, quiet, solid and well made also.

Seems to be a quality bow at a great price.

And I've owned bows from 7 or more different manufacturers (Diamond, Hoyt, Darton, Oneida, PSE, Pearson, Martin, High Country - I think,) over the last 2 years. Some had cams that were too aggressive for my liking. One just had terrible cam lean issues. Others didn't satisfy me in the "feel" department. This Bear caught me offguard - I did not expect it to perform this well. But it does - for me anyway, it may not for others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.