Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Anybody have a Diamond Hornet bow? >

Anybody have a Diamond Hornet bow?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Anybody have a Diamond Hornet bow?

Old 05-23-2003, 06:54 PM
voz
Fork Horn

Default Anybody have a Diamond Hornet bow?

I just bought a Diamond Hornet bow and love it. Anybody else got one? Any problems? I' d be interested to hear what accessories you might be using. Thanks...
Old 05-23-2003, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anybody have a Diamond Hornet bow?

I have a Diamond Widowmaker which is 38 ATA and it is a good shooter. Have shot the shorter Stinger and it was real nice for a shorter bow. If the DOA equals those two you will enjoy your bow. Diamond is a quality company even though they aren' t known in some locations of country. They are made about 2 hours from where I live so I know several other folks that shoot them. I also shoot a Mathews and like it OK.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

I can' t tell you about the Hornet but I shot a Diamond Recon for a few years and it was a real nice bow. I had to call them a few times and their service was great.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:53 PM

I don' t own one yet, but it' s on my short list. I shot some Diamonds for the first time, just the other day and I must say I was impressed. Very high brace heights on most of their bows, which is just what I want for hunting. They are also faster than anything else I' ve shot with brace heights in the 8" and over, range. The cam is a little aggressive, but the bows I shot were very quiet and had no recoil.

I shot the Stinger, Hornet and the new Machette. I' ll have a hard time choosing between the three. All would make great treestand hunting bows, and would also be ideally suited to stalking through thick undergrowth.

Good luck with your Hornet, I' m sure you' ll love shooting it.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:05 PM
Spike

I just shot the Diamond Machete today.. for a brace height of almost 8 inches and my 28 inch draw...I must say a very fast and quiet bow.....it does seem like it would make a great hunting bow.. the sticker price of $589.95 pinches me though...what does the Stinger, Hornet and Machete sell for in everyone else' area?

Old 05-30-2003, 09:27 AM

The shop I was at, had a package deal for $589, but was offering the bare bow with no setup, tuning, or shooting time for $529.00.
Old 05-30-2003, 10:56 AM

I looked at them when they first came out (Diamond) and talked to their rep. Interestingly (I doubt they still do) ,when Bowtech was started the company making Diamond was making the risers for Bowtech . When Diamond started , Bowtech was making Diamonds cams. I' m not sure about the limbs on each , but in essence they are the same quality bow. They do have differences in limb angles,grips,vibration dampening,etc. But in my opinion a Diamond is like a Bowtech with a great price tag !! Good luck !!

Well looking above , I see things have changed. A year and a half ago I could get any of the Diamond models for about $400 .
Old 05-30-2003, 01:02 PM

CMB SC,

I sure things must have changed. I can' t imagine them going for less than they do. Many of the models have the latest " parallel limb" styles. The workmanship on the risers is impeccable. The finish on the camo pattern is absolutely beautiful and tolerances appear to be very tight. These are top end hunting bows, that are very competitive in price, in my view.

BTW, I was told that they manufacture Bowtech cams, but that the design is Bowtech' s. In fact, I believe they license Bowtech' s design for their own cams.
Old 05-31-2003, 06:14 AM

Straightarrow, Like I said it was when they first came out . The Mathews dealer I had used for years, knew the Diamond owner extremely well and his shop was one of the first they approached about selling them. I just happened to be there when the sales rep. came by a few months before the bows were even available to the public. The sales rep. and the dealer both told me that Diamond had been making Bowtech' s risers and Bowtech in turn was making Diamond' s cams . And like I said back then they were getting introduced to the market and the shop owner told me to take my pick for $400 . I moved up here shortly afterwards and haven' t seen any pricing since. They are a very nice bow though, no doubt about it !!
Old 06-01-2003, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does anyone know how I can find a dealer near me? I dont see a dealer search on their website.

Quick Reply: Anybody have a Diamond Hornet bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.