Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lighted nocks??

Old 10-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default Lighted nocks??

Hey all...I have used the Lumenok and recently the Carbon express one, unfortunately they both have shortcomings. The lumenocks don't work with my arrows (CX Maximas) unless the metal ring at the back is off the arrow, I found that the probes started to groove my arrows. Not crazy about that! Then the Carbon express ones really pissed me off, 1 works great, but 3 others have screwed up my arrows as the bases came apart from the rest of the nock and staed in the arrow shaft After tossing the arrows out (since I couldn't remove the things) and wrecked them I vowed not to use another one of those. Just wondering what everyone elses experiences are with these. I have been reading the reviews on the Cabelas website and it seems like everyone has different issues with all the different brands. anyone want to comment on what works best for them??? I love them when they work but I sure hate it when they don't!
Old 10-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

Welll i haven't had much success with the luminocks first 2 i bought never turned on and the next two i bought .... wouldn't turn on unless you hit them with your fist ... gave up on them ... have the easton tracer nocks to try this year .. just havent been able to find the time to mess with them yet .Good luck
Old 10-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

Fireknocks....best ones made. I made my own for CX maximas. and i will say next time, instaed of throwin your arrow away. go down the insert end with a coat hanger and push out whats stuck
Old 10-08-2009, 05:24 AM
Spike

Also you could try the tracer nock made by Easton or the lighted nock made by G5. These both work great for me. good luck. deerman
Old 10-14-2009, 06:03 PM
BFR
Spike

I just bought Lumenoks and they light up perfectly, but they shoot a little low and to the left. About 3-4 inches at 20 yds. They weight 13 gr. more than std. nock. Is it normal for them to shoot so differently?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

We make our own they work great and are a lot cheaper
Old 10-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Spike

I shot the Lumenoks for 2 years had 2 that never lit up, G5 ones look promising!
Old 10-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

when i played disc golf we had the lights fer nite games ...we had to buy many of em just to have a couple that worked...so buy some more if ya need the lite, and find the ones that work good fer yer set up..i dont think they will ever fix this
Old 10-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

As mentioned, FIRENOCKS are the best of all the lighted nocks. They light up EVERYTIME and with a simple bump to the back they deactiviate. Also, they are available in dozens of different colors. If it's lighted nocks that you want, then you should certainly take a serious look at these. Good luck and good shootin'
Old 10-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Firenocks are the best for me! I had the lumenoks and the tracers and by far the best are the firenocks. Work every time and great customer service.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.