Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 5SHOT, TEST THE RCKY MTN Ti 100??? >

5SHOT, TEST THE RCKY MTN Ti 100???

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

5SHOT, TEST THE RCKY MTN Ti 100???

Old 05-21-2003, 10:12 AM

Default 5SHOT, TEST THE RCKY MTN Ti 100???

5Shot,

I find your broadhead test performed extremely well, and I use them as a guide before I choose a new broadhead (thank you!).

I have read all of your tests on your american hunter website, and found a few broadheads I' m interested in that aren' t posted. I was hoping you have tested some of the following but just haven' t posted the results yet. The broadheads I have in mind are the Rocky Mountain Ti 100' s (recieved 6 from a friend, he said they didn' t fly well, I put one on and perfect, right with my field points), was just questioning how well the blades stayed in the bh, with just a slip over collar. Competing with the R.M. Ti 100 for this seasons bh is the Muzzy 100gr 4 blade, and the Magnus Stinger 100gr 4 blade. I know I probably couldn' t go wrong with either, but if you have any opinions or tests done on any of the mentioned broadheads could you please post them. Thanks again! And if anyone has any comments, please post.
Old 05-22-2003, 03:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 5SHOT, TEST THE RCKY MTN Ti 100???

Here is a copy of the review on the ti-100. For the Muzzy Just read the 100 grn 3 blade tests, the results were identical, and I would have a hard time choosing between the two heads. The magnus stinger 4 blade should be an excellent head, but they have not started shipping them, so I haven' t testedt them to be sure of how they will preform.

Rocky Ti-100
Accuracy 4 points
Plywood 5 points
Steel drum 4 points
Tire 4 points
Blades 3 points
Non-mechanical head 2 points
Cutting diameter 3 points
Total score 25 with a blade sharpness ratting of A+

The Rocky Ti-100 is one outstanding broadhead. The Ferrule is made from Titanium while the blades are made of stainless steel. This makes for a very strong broadhead! The tip on the head is very sharp and resembles a cut on contact style head more than the typical chisel found on most replaceable blade heads today.
I found the accuracy to be excellent, and the blades were very sharp out of the package. In the plywood test the head busted though with out any problems or damage. In the tire test the head penetrated the first side with several inches of arrow shaft, again no damage. In the steel drum the Ti-100 penetrated the first wall and the tip and part of the blades were sticking in the back wall. The head preformed every test with out any damage, and still remained accurate and very useable, provided you change the blades. This is one of the very best broadheads I have tested. I know they cost about twice as much as other heads of similar style, but with the titanium construction and super sharp blades I would say they are worth it. You can sharpen the tip if it gets dull, and with replacement blades these heads should last for a very long time. I suspect you will loose one before you destroy it!