Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
string stops/drop away rest   worth it or not >

string stops/drop away rest worth it or not

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

string stops/drop away rest worth it or not

Old 09-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default string stops/drop away rest worth it or not

im new int bowhunting and have seen a few sting stops on others bows, the guys that have them swear by them the guys that dont all have a different reason why, The salesman who is trying to sell me one says if i got one id never go without it again. how about suggestions for a drop away Any input would be great
Old 09-18-2009, 04:46 AM
Typical Buck

String stops. Like you said, guys that use them swear by them, guys that don't think they are worthless gadgets. I never used one on my bows cause they didn't come with one. The Accomplice does so I use it. I really don't know if the bow is any louder without it cause i ain't shot it without the stop. The Bowtech Tribute didn't have a stop and it was mighty quiet, and no handshock.

As far as drop away rest goes. Give a little more information. Do you want containment or no?? If you want a containment type rest look at the Athens OmegaElite rest. Very slick design.

If containment isn't that important, I recommend the Vapor Trial Limb Driver. No cord tugging at your cables to mess with timing. Anther Very slick desing and SUPER EASY in install and tune!
Old 09-18-2009, 04:52 AM
Typical Buck

I use a rest called zero gravity! I love it. Highly recommend it!
Old 09-18-2009, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

I believe a string supressors work pretty well. My vectrix came with one already on there. But thats not to say that its a must or your gonna have any big issure without one. Bowhunters have survived and killed your years without them sooo And as far as drop aways go I recently switched from a WB to a drop away. I went with Limb Driver by vapor trail and I absolutely love it. Was easy to install and set up and I did the lipstick trick (put lipstick on your vanes) to check clearance and hasn't been a single problem. My buddy with his Quad Pro rest couln't say the same.. And MeanV2 on here has his own web site that sells them for a heck of price, and he makes and sales he's own String Supressors....just something to think about
Old 09-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

im gonna look up meanv and just get a stopper still not sure on the dropaway kindof like the hostage rest i have but brushes have already worn out and is kindoff noisy while drawing but arrow dont fall off whats worth more?
Old 09-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for input so far guys
Old 09-18-2009, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by baileym62
thanks for input so far guys
String supressors = a yes for me...

as far as rest....the Omega by Athens or a Ripcord
Old 09-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Fork Horn

anyone have a picture of a string stopper? im confused as to what it is. thanks
Old 09-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RuLzU
anyone have a picture of a string stopper? im confused as to what it is. thanks

For me: MeanV string suppressors = two thumbs up

LimbDriver rest = two thumbs up as well.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:50 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by baileym62
im gonna look up meanv and just get a stopper still not sure on the dropaway kindof like the hostage rest i have but brushes have already worn out and is kindoff noisy while drawing but arrow dont fall off whats worth more?
If you like the hostage pro and want full containment and a dropway rest, look no further than the Athens OmegaElite rest. Total containment just like the hostage pro, but a drop away type rest and NO PECKY BRUSHES!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.