Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

best rain gear

Old 05-18-2003, 07:42 PM

Default best rain gear

I have been looking at all the rain gear in the catalogs and im buffaloed, Gore-tex if really what im looking for but which type of suit is the quietest and most tough? i dont want anythign heavy i want something lightweight for bowhutning
Old 05-18-2003, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: best rain gear

Cabela' s MTO50 rain gear w/Gore-Tex sounds like what
you' re looking for. I' ve had mine several years and
can' t say enough good things about it. Lightweight,
packable, quiet, and it' ll keep you dry...[:-].
Old 05-19-2003, 10:36 AM

but it' s all so expensive, i can' t see spend that kind of money to wear it once or twice a year, unless it rains alot during deer season where you are.

Old 05-19-2003, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

XI,
Look at it this way. You are obviously a young hunter with many years of hunting ahead of you. Buy a decent set of rain gear. If ya gotta git a part time job to pay for it then so be it. I have one of cabela' s packable suits. Cost was about $185. How long will it last??? The rest of my life. I' ve had the cheap stuff over the years and spent my share of wet days in the woods. The cheap ones make you sweat so you' re often wetter than if you' d worn nothing. When you consider that a good rain suit will last 10 years or more the cost isn' t so great. Actually if you buy a good, quiet, breathable suit you can wear them all the time. And over the years you' ll figure the cost isn' t much per year.
Old 05-19-2003, 07:58 PM

i agree with BGfisher i got the mt50 from cabelas its a good suit mines goretex with scentblocker pricee but well worth it. being wet just is no fun. a lot of guilds in alaska ware helly hansen packable and really tough it streches when you snag on something hard to put a hole in it and it breathable to but not in camo.spend the money and get a good set you be buying a lot of rainware if you don' t
Old 05-20-2003, 10:25 AM

hey bg i WISH i was a young hunter!!!!! i just can' t see spending that kind of cash. especially when my tree stand has a roof on it . it' s a permanent one on private property[:-]

Old 05-20-2003, 01:12 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I' ll have to second the MTO50. I love mine. If there is even a cloud in the sky I just wear it. It is comfortable, quiet and if you get the uninsulated version it can be worn in any weather. The stuff is durable enough you don' t need separate clothing. Mine withstood ten days in pouring rain in Alaska and kept me dry. As for the price, after the Alaska experience it was like stealing.
Old 05-20-2003, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

XI,
OK, so maybe you ain' t so young. How about experienced. I' m 56 and been hunting for over 40 years. Have been through a lot of cheap stuff, even down so low as to cut arm and head holes in garbage bags. Compared with yesteryear the stuff today is the cat' s meow. I just got my suit last year. Only thing I regret was that I waited so long.
I started hunting out of state---like Illinois. When I figure it cost about $2000 for a week hunt, a little thing like rain isn' t going to hinder me from the treestand. And mine doesn' t have a roof. Few portables do.
So what you waiting for? Buy it now so you' ll enjoy it that much longer. You' re going to end up with it someday anyway. I did. Denial won' t solve anything.

Barry[&:]
Old 05-21-2003, 04:53 AM

hey bg i didn' t want to start an argument with you especially on someone else' s thread, and i' m not disagreeing with you that you should buy the best , i guess what it all boils down to is i haven' t figured a way yet to justify to my wife spending that kind of moneysorry for the misunderstanding!!!![:-][:-][:-]

Old 05-21-2003, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

XI,
No offense taken my man. I know these things are for info and possibly making new friends. We' re cool.

Barry

Quick Reply: best rain gear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.