Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Best Penatrating Broadhead? >

Best Penatrating Broadhead?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Best Penatrating Broadhead?

Old 09-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Fork Horn

I agree you should be getting pass thru's with that set up, one thing that has been over looked is your arrow? What weight is it? if it is super light you might not have enough mass.....and your kinetic energy is suffering. Back to broadheads, I love my NAP Hellrazors. They are super sharp, fly like darts, can be resharpened, and are tough as nails! Shot a deer a few years ago, 27 yds hard quarter away and hit him a little back. It entered the meat of back leg, through the guts, liver, 1 lung, and exited in front of the opposite shoulder and stuck in the ground 4". Hoyt Trykon 30" @ 70#'s beman ICS 340's. Bled like crazy!!! Next thing, USA, I do agree the right head once inside the rib cage will put the animal down, however as he said, if you don't get a pass thru your blood trail will probably suffer, so if you can put 2 holes in them instead of one....might as well!!!
Old 09-08-2009, 03:56 AM
Spike

muzzys are an excellent broadhead,if your not getting passthrus with a 2009 hoyt alphamax with any kind of muzzy broadhead,i would say its not the broadhead thats giving you the problem,id say your bow is just poorly tuned.i have never had a problem with a passthru shot on my deer and elk i have shot with my 62# matthews with 3 blade 100grain muzzys.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:57 AM
Spike

andd im only shootin 270 feet per second,always have clean passthrus,unlesss bad shot placement
Old 10-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Spike

I'd agree with those that question the bow not being tuned. Paper tuning is showing what's happening at that (usually short range). If tried at different distances it might show that further tuning is needed. Are the arrows hitting "straight in" on the target with BH's? You should be looking right at the end of the nock with the arrow neither left or right - also tried at different distances. At 72# you should be able to go thru both front legs and/or ribs and have to look for you arrow on the other side. (I see 1/2 or better of the arrow sticking out on what looks like well placed shots on some of the TV shows and wonder what they are shooting. I'm sure expandables accounts for some of it, but not all.} I've had complete pass thru's @ 52#.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Spike

Are saltillite
Old 10-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Spike

are satalite broadheads good broadsheads